U2 Tribute Bands

mcline

• Subscriber

I saw one U2 tribute act back in '94 but can't remember their name. They played the set sitting down and when they asked if anyone had any requests I said 'yes,stand up for the next one'.I walked out after 20 minutes.

My opinion of tribute acts is,if you can play someone else's material so well,why not play your own instead?

• Subscriber

I saw one U2 tribute act back in '94 but can't remember their name. They played the set sitting down and when they asked if anyone had any requests I said 'yes,stand up for the next one'.I walked out after 20 minutes.

My opinion of tribute acts is,if you can play someone else's material so well,why not play your own instead?

Because there is more money to be made in tribute bands than your own in playing in a pub.

I've seen two in person

2011-05-20 Denver @ Hard Rock- Under A Blood Red Sky (Edge and Bono walk through the audience during 'Bad')

2011-07-01 Nashville @ (help me out here Chris Simeone)- UZoo

Great bands, UZoo played 2 very dynamic sets in one night. Martin nicked the setlist printouts taped to the back of Nashville Edge's stack ;o]

Best I've seen via the internets is Lemon from Chile.

• Subscriber

With respect,making money by pretending to be someone your not is bullshit in my,humble,opinion.

By all means throw in a few covers but , as I have said,if you can play,play your own material.

My bad I saw 3 in person, there was the one in Salt Lake City on 2011-05-23 at that one bar. What were they called? They played on a tiny triangle stage, all acoustic. It was for the SLC 360 fan gathering, only about 10 fans showed up. Hm...