SUMMERTIME- fitness goals and encouragement-please post yours!

xtraspicy62

My spring goal right now is to get a new bicycle, and to ride as often as i can, gradually building up more and more, throughout the spring and on into the summer...

biking tones legs and butt, and is great cardio!!

what are you working on today?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
My spring goal right now is to get a new bicycle, and to ride as often as i can, gradually building up more and more, throughout the spring and on into the summer...

biking tones legs and butt, and is great cardio!!

what are you working on today?

i wanna go to work on bike as much as i can , and made a nice start this last week (4 days out of 5!)

i'm pretty determined bout this every year when spring arrives...till the rain comes in again....sigh...hate riding my bike in the rain...

• Subscriber

i'm still in the planning stages.....but i do intend on taking my bike out as soon as the decent weather kicks in and take a long season opening ride. I would love to ride it to work everyday also....but I have to work out the logistics of that. i'ts like 10 miles and i tend to sweat alot, and then there is the clothes changing..i would have to carry a back pack with me.....seems pretty complicated at the moment...but its just a matter of doing it.

• Subscriber
i'm still in the planning stages.....but i do intend on taking my bike out as soon as the decent weather kicks in and take a long season opening ride. I would love to ride it to work everyday also....but I have to work out the logistics of that. i'ts like 10 miles and i tend to sweat alot, and then there is the clothes changing..i would have to carry a back pack with me.....seems pretty complicated at the moment...but its just a matter of doing it.
10 miles??? thats like 16 kilometers or something? wow!! *bows* i live little over 1 kilometer from work, less than 10 minutes ride... (depends on the wind! lol!)

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

petermullen']i'm still in the planning stages.....but i do intend on taking my bike out as soon as the decent weather kicks in and take a long season opening ride. I would love to ride it to work everyday also....but I have to work out the logistics of that. i'ts like 10 miles and i tend to sweat alot, and then there is the clothes changing..i would have to carry a back pack with me.....seems pretty complicated at the moment...but its just a matter of doing it.

10 miles??? thats like 16 kilometers or something? wow!! *bows* i live little over 1 kilometer from work, less than 10 minutes ride... (depends on the wind! lol!)

that's why i've put it off....sticking with it would be difficult...maybe I could start slow...like 2 times a week or something like that....

• Subscriber

I am back at weightwatchers - doesn't work for all but has done for me in the past and then i stopped going and thought i could do it myself but couldn't (as my weight tells me) lost 3.5 pounds in the first 2 weeks (about 1.5 kilos) not earthbreaking but getting there. Aiming for about 30 pounds before hols at start of August, partly to look better but mostly to feel better and have more energy - wish me luck!

• Subscriber

Mine's to get back into shape and try and maintain it this time, am eating better now, I don't add sugar anymore, doing a lot of home cooking again so eating better and trying to build up my walking again for exercise, would like to get to 3 miles a day at first and build up from there. My husband's given up alcohol, chocolate and caffeine for Lent so it's been a good incentive to get the health drive ball rolling. It's such a great feeling to get out in the fresh Spring air and crisp blue skies. I love Spring, always has an air of optimism and newness.

Good luck all with your goals.