Claire T

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

jojes wrote:

Zhivvy']well we had a nice day today - until!!!! ..... about 3:25, you know the time that you are waiting in the school yard for your child to finish in five minutes. Then it started the rain harder and harder and harder then the hail started and then the wind! By the time she came out and we had walked the 100 metres to the car i looked like i had been in the shower!

I know the saying of march winds and april showers - but not both at the same time with that much force!

since you're coming over here next week (getting sooooo close now !!!) I'm teaching you a Dutch saying (yes, a polite Dutch sentence to add to your vocabulary ! lol) :

maartse buien en aprilse grillen (the Dutch version of your "march winds and april showers")

Hope we won't be getting any of those "grillen" though ! (freely translated as "whim")

Thank you for the nice sentence Jess! lol!

Today windy rain and only 3 degrees!! Want some sun!!!

could have spared yourself the trouble jessika....this saying is to 'clean' for zhiv. (like in 'not rude enough'wink.gif) so i doubt  she's gonna remember it...

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy']Thank you for the nice sentence Jess! lol!

could have spared yourself the trouble jessika....this saying is to 'clean' for zhiv. (like in 'not rude enough'wink.gif) so i doubt  she's gonna remember it...

thinkso Barbara ??  We'll test her this weekend ... make her do a Dutch exam ... roll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='jojes wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy']Thank you for the nice sentence Jess! lol!

could have spared yourself the trouble jessika....this saying is to 'clean' for zhiv. (like in 'not rude enough'
wink.gif
) so i doubt  she's gonna remember it...

thinkso Barbara ??  We'll test her this weekend ... make her do a Dutch exam ... roll.gif

Hey!! Don't think that I only know bad phrases in other languages - I can say good/nice things too!

and no!!! Not a dutch exam - I spectacularly failed the last Dutch exam which I took!

• Subscriber
If the Hot Sun doesn't come out tomorrow, its alright.  We have Bono who is the nemesis of the Sun. Bono is better than the real thing, he doesn't burn one to death.

Realmawake

like bono too, rosa... but i would prefer some REAL sunshine to shine on my face...