PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl

Bajagirl

• Subscriber

Zootopia

Well, its time to make the official announcement about the super secret Pasadena DVD wink02.gif

Official announcement on U2.com in a few minutes, stay tuned.

Anything you want to discuss? Post here....like WHY IS BREATHE MISSING??!!!!!!!!cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

More as it comes in

Baja

• Subscriber

You know, I'd rather have just Breathe missing than half the show (ala Milan) :D
True, it's just odd that it's not really missing though - it's on 3 out of the 4 discs.

And the real price of $40 for the deluxe is a releif!

Someone was having a big laugh at our exspense with the amazon pricings.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Kristaps']You know, I'd rather have just Breathe missing than half the show (ala Milan)
:D

True, it's just odd that it's not really missing though - it's on 3 out of the 4 discs.

looks like breathe isn't on any of the versions?

But yeah ...that price is much more like it!

• Subscriber

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

mick james wrote:

Kristaps']You know, I'd rather have just Breathe missing than half the show (ala Milan)
:D

looks like breathe isn't on any of the versions?

But yeah ...that price is much more like it!

Hi mate, Breathe is a "bonus track" on every version except the standard DVD.

Just weird to include it, but not in the main film.

A bit like how Mysterious Ways was a bonus on the Slane DVD, instead of in the main film.

Confusing!?!?

I think it's the delay FX on the drums, at the beginning of Breathe. Otherwise, it's the acoustics of the venue that affected the drums at the start. The delay timing is way off! If it's the lyrics, they could have done a voice over in post-production.

• Subscriber

I think it's the delay FX on the drums, at the beginning of Breathe. Otherwise, it's the acoustics of the venue that affected the drums at the start. The delay timing is way off! If it's the lyrics, they could have done a voice over in post-production.
Larry uses in ears and a click track, and the stadium had no roof or boxes to give reflection.

It was just a bad live to Youtube mix.

I bet you the DVD sounds dramatically different, and I'll even bet you you don't hear any of those delays on the Breath bonus track.

They did 2 separate mixes, FOH and Youtube, and the gig would have been multitracked to hard disc and mixed in post for the DVD.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

bflorendo']I think it's the delay FX on the drums, at the beginning of Breathe. Otherwise, it's the acoustics of the venue that affected the drums at the start. The delay timing is way off! If it's the lyrics, they could have done a voice over in post-production.

Larry uses in ears and a click track, and the stadium had no roof or boxes to give reflection.

It was just a bad live to Youtube mix.

I bet you the DVD sounds dramatically different, and I'll even bet you you don't hear any of those delays on the Breath bonus track.

They did 2 separate mixes, FOH and Youtube, and the gig would have been multitracked to hard disc and mixed in post for the DVD.

Unless....the folks a Live nation were responsible for the sound engineering and recorded to tape on a walkman at the back of the arena and another on the bass speaker on the stage, then cut edited the two version together before mixing back to quadrophonic stereo on an old reel to reel?

That might explain why the y didn't realize the show opens with breathe, and whacked it in as a bonus??