***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

Bajagirl

• Subscriber

Without jumping to conclusions, Bono flubbed some of the opening lyrics on Breathe, so they might not want to include it based on quality standards. However, it could also be a timing issue - the Space Oddity/Kingdom of your Love intro is lengthy.

Either way - it's a poor decision. Obviously, this wouldn't need to be done for a Blu-Ray disc, but many bands have split up their long (and complete) concerts over two DVDs within a box set. U2 could certainly afford to do the same.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's a pity, we don't really care about the fact that Bono miss the lyrics, the opening track is one of highest moment of the concert !

Everybody who has been at a 360° concert can remember this moment !

I'm really disappointed...

• Subscriber

[quote name='Ragoo wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

I'll pre-order next week, when I have money on my credit card.

According to Amazon it's Region 0 so it'll play anywhere in the world.

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3...d=1270119441&sr=1-27

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

Yeah, good job I'm not interested in the Super-Duper Deluxe version, I'll stick to the standard deluxe. That's a ridiculous price difference, and unfair given that if it comes from the states it may be the wrong region for playing in Europe. Certainly, there is a regional difference on Amazon UK. PAL, btw, corresponds to Region 2, the other to Region 1, so only PAL will play in Western Europe, unless you have a multi-region player.

So basically, and to put it in a nutshell, so that ppl don't have to trawl through 15 pages of confusion, I will sum up your thoughts:

All are confused as to the difference in price of 40dollars vs 113pounds for the super duper deluxe extravagant 2 disc ultimate amazing box set edition of U2 Live at the Rose Bowl.

So, I'll simplify it for you:

One is the price. The other is the weight! :-P

• Subscriber

So basically, and to put it in a nutshell, so that ppl don't have to trawl through 15 pages of confusion, I will sum up your thoughts:

All are confused as to the difference in price of 40dollars vs 113pounds for the super duper deluxe extravagant 2 disc ultimate amazing box set edition of U2 Live at the Rose Bowl.

So, I'll simplify it for you:

One is the price. The other is the weight! :-P

roll.gifroll.gifNow that is funny!

Suggestion:

I think tU2 should bring out a super deluxe digital release that you buy off itunes. We could download the video in divx, the 24 page book in pdf, the poster in jpg, the setlist in html, the replica tour program in pdf and 7" vinyl in low quality mp3 (just so that you can get that authentic hissing sound).

It would cut out all the production costs associated with the box set. So the price could be cut drastically. I'd say you'd be able to download it all for 5 euro and the lads would still come out with a profit!

And the u2.com team could sell it direct from their shop with a lovely thank you message:

Thank you from the U2.com team. You're download should start shortly. Click here if it doesn't.

Archived