Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

I think the reason why Breathe is not included is the delay settings on the drums....when Larry starts playing, the delay FX on the drums are off time....and does not sound good at all. I'd think Joe O'Herlihy would use a tap delay on that, where you can use a user define button to adjust the tempo of the delay in real time. Another possibility is that it was recorded by ambient mics, which means the acoustics messed up the timing of the drums. Editing that on programs like Pro Tools is hard to do. I don't think it's the lyrics. They could have done a 'voice over' in post-production for that, if they really wanted it corrected. But the drums really threw it off. It also depends on what devices were recording at the time. If it was a regular stereo recording, then it would be impossible to edit such significant errors.

Bono makes small mistakes at like every concert, i'm not surprised he made a mistake at this one also. I love U2 because if they make a mistake they shrug it off and play their best. I can't speak for all U2 fans, but i believe most people don't like them because they never make a mistake, it's because they have alot of great songs. I bet 99 percent of fans would rather have Bono butcher a line in a concert dvd than have the intro of the concert taken out of the dvd.This may actually hurt sales.

I think the reason why Breathe is not included is the delay settings on the drums....when Larry starts playing, the delay FX on the drums are off time....and does not sound good at all. I'd think Joe O'Herlihy would use a tap delay on that, where you can use a user define button to adjust the tempo of the delay in real time. Another possibility is that it was recorded by ambient mics, which means the acoustics messed up the timing of the drums. Editing that on programs like Pro Tools is hard to do. I don't think it's the lyrics. They could have done a 'voice over' in post-production for that, if they really wanted it corrected. But the drums really threw it off. It also depends on what devices were recording at the time. If it was a regular stereo recording, then it would be impossible to edit such significant errors.
Come on man, they would have done a full multi track recording of the entire gig that was separate from the live mix that went to air - which would have also been separate again from the FOH mix.

It would have been recorded separately to multitrack hard disck recorders like every other pro concert DVD reocrding.

The DVD audio would have been recorded and will be mixed completley independantly of what you heard on the broadcast.

You should know that.

Bono just doesn't want to say he wants a cock or two or whatever he flubbed on the opening of the new disc.

Could have easily been fixed in post with a simple re-record of that line, and a camera angle that wasn't on Bono's face. Like they did on Rattle and Hum.

Nothing to do with Joe's tap delay setting.

do you honestly belive U2 would record any DVD just to stereo?

Or to ambient mics?

MIck you just made me spit out my water ROTFLMAO

I'm glad! Always good to make you laugh and not get nicked for making Bono McDuck pictures!

laugh.gif

Hopefully amazon will adjust the price of the super deluxe box set otherwise i will have to import it.It will still work out cheaper! I'll have to get the blu ray too.Pity there wasn't a blu ray super deluxe.

Wonder what's on the vinyl disc...

And about Breathe... can't we start a petition to have it at least as bonus track on all versions, like Mysterious Ways at Slane Castle?

The idea of opening and closing the comment option on the news when people began to complain wasn't a smart move, either.

Wonder what's on the vinyl disc...

And about Breathe... can't we start a petition to have it at least as bonus track on all versions, like Mysterious Ways at Slane Castle?

The idea of opening and closing the comment option on the news when people began to complain wasn't a smart move, either.

It is a bonus on 3 of the 4 versions.

I've said this in another thread, but I think here's the place for it. Got to wonder which price is right and which is wrong. Seems like a lot for a little when you take a look at the U2 shop price. It's usually the other way around. I've never known Amazon to be that far out that they would be charging nearly 6 times the price. I've pre-ordered on the U2 shop until we see who's right and who's wrong.

I've gone for the U2 shop pre-order and hoping if it is a mistake they'll honor my order. Fingers crossed that the price is right.