How was your Easter/ Passover?

illumination70

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.  Relaxing.

I found that making a meal for the ones i love was very soothing and relaxing...the ham filled up my home with such a sweet smell as it slow baked, as well as the turkey breast....cooking and providing are so comforting and soothing...

@ mummy... LMAO! anteasters!

How was my easter? lets see... I was caught in the border line trying to cross to the US by a massive earthquacke, spent about 2 and a half hours in the heat fighting my claustrophobic anxiety to find out that everything across the line was closed, came back to Mexico in about 15 minutes to spend the afternoon trying to collect batteries, wich amazingly the entire town ran out of them, then came back home to see everything upside down and finally spent the rest of the evening in the dark because of the lack of power.

Although we had a very romantic dinner of chimichangas by the light of candles lol!

I had no family around but I made myself an angel food cake with whipped topping and fresh strawberries cut up which my grandma would have made if she were alive. That would be THE spring/Easter feast dessert. For supper leading up to it I had multigrain crackers with brie, kalamata olives and a fresh pear cut up. I was kicking myself for not having wine!

The bunny did not make an appearance sadly.

• Subscriber

Strawberry Angel Food Cake sounded good! Went to the movies, had a barbeque, played the guitar. I didn't see the Easter bunny either. Oh..made my famous deviled eggs, put them in the fridge. Then the kids layed the bannana cream pie on top of them(they didn't know what they were..orso they say...)and I thought they were ruined, but they weren't. Not one was flattened, squished or squashed. It was an Easter miracle. ha.

• Subscriber

We went away on easter sunday with a bunch of friends and their kids. Spent the day at a theme park in Holland.

We had already agreed on that date and bought the tickets without realising it was easter ...

So the egg-searching had been moved to yesterday ... at least at my inlaws ...

Over here we still have to do that ... but the bike we ordered for Liam hasn't arrived yet, so it's all been dalayed ! Luckily they still are too small to fully realise it all.

But I think the busy weekend has been a bit too much ... over-tired now and feeling somewhat ill ...

I had no family around but I made myself an angel food cake with whipped topping and fresh strawberries cut up which my grandma would have made if she were alive. That would be THE spring/Easter feast dessert. For supper leading up to it I had multigrain crackers with brie, kalamata olives and a fresh pear cut up. I was kicking myself for not having wine!

The bunny did not make an appearance sadly.

I like your choice of food.