Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

I'm with Barb, just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing.....Keep going one day at a time!

Yoy are doing so well here! Very proud of you.

Mine are getting less and less by the day - so this is working a bit for me too - thank you!

In Australia the Government has just jacked up the tax on ciggies by 25%. Now they are about $16 bucks a pack. Only millionaires smoke down here now.

In Australia the Government has just jacked up the tax on ciggies by 25%. Now they are about $16 bucks a pack. Only millionaires smoke down here now.
Wow!!! that makes the UK and Ireland seem cheap! is the price rise affecting the amount of people smoking? Because in england the cost isn't really a deterrent.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

kings']In Australia the Government has just jacked up the tax on ciggies by 25%. Now they are about $16 bucks a pack. Only millionaires smoke down here now.

Wow!!! that makes the UK and Ireland seem cheap! is the price rise affecting the amount of people smoking? Because in england the cost isn't really a deterrent.

The jury is still out on that one. The Government needed the money to pay for Health Reforms.