Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

xtraspicy62

• Subscriber

Well what helped me to quit was when i had the urge i got a glass of water and sipped it every time i would take an imaginary puff and that help with urges..

best wishes with quiting, i feel so much healthier now and i dont have to worry so much about those gross graphics on the packets ;o)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what helped me to quit was when i had the urge i got a glass of water and sipped it every time i would take an imaginary puff and that help with urges..

best wishes with quiting, i feel so much healthier now and i dont have to worry so much about those gross gragpics on the packets ;o)

I utilize the water sipping tactic too, and find that i gotta pee a lot, LOL! but lots and lots of water, must be ok, as most of us are a little dehydrated any way, according to the press...but i gotta say, it does keep a ciggie out of my mouth...
  • Subscriber

Glad everyone is doing so well. Congrats! I quit smoking and drinking years ago, it was easy for me. My addiction is food, now if only I could control that ugh. Love hearing all the success stories. Good going!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

123love']Well what helped me to quit was when i had the urge i got a glass of water and sipped it every time i would take an imaginary puff and that help with urges..

best wishes with quiting, i feel so much healthier now and i dont have to worry so much about those gross gragpics on the packets ;o)

I utilize the water sipping tactic too, and find that i gotta pee a lot, LOL! but lots and lots of water, must be ok, as most of us are a little dehydrated any way, according to the press...but i gotta say, it does keep a ciggie out of my mouth...

I've never heard of the water sipping tactic...I'll have to try it.  Mabye it can help me with the food cravings...

• Subscriber

[quote name='kbahner wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

123love']Well what helped me to quit was when i had the urge i got a glass of water and sipped it every time i would take an imaginary puff and that help with urges..

I've never heard of the water sipping tactic...I'll have to try it.  Mabye it can help me with the food cravings...

It does help with the food cravings.  I need to be more diligent and drink more water!

[quote name='PattiU2 wrote:

kbahner wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

It does help with the food cravings.  I need to be more diligent and drink more water!

patti and kbahner I add into the water a daily multivitamin in the morning...then sip often from the water, the essences of life, LOL!   but i still have no finger nails!! aarrrr!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

PattiU2 wrote:

kbahner wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

patti and kbahner I add into the water a daily multivitamin in the morning...then sip often from the water, the essences of life, LOL!   but i still have no finger nails!! aarrrr!!

What about getting some really nice nail tips done with the fancy nail art then you won't want to bite them as they look nice and they are so much stronger than real nails and less likely to be bitten off?

• Subscriber

Well done Spicy especially after re-visiting a very traumatic experience recently.  That would have been enough for most people to start again.

You are all a lot stronger than you realize.thumbsup.gif

Archived