Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Quitting Smoking Support Thread:Lets carry eachother here

Day 3.... I don't smoke, don't even want to, hey now check my change.

Got through the weekend without one and now at work it will be even easier.

Champix is magic. Takes the edge off of quitting. Unlike cold turkey where you turn into a whole new person. And not a nice one either.

Wish me luck.

Champix is magic. Takes the edge off of quitting. Unlike cold turkey where you turn into a whole new person. And not a nice one either.

Wish me luck.

Good luck to you!  You can do it!  Day 9 of not smoking and I'm using Chantix too.  It does indeed help with the cravings.  It's just the habit of it all that's left to beat now, really.  There have been a couple tough moments. but I got through 'em.

I smoked from the age of 14 to 32, ive given up for a year and only have 1 or 2 fags when i drink alcohol (which isn't every night!) its every other night! :P .But seriously... i found that if you get pissed then smoke a shit load in the morning you can go for a few days with out one as its so discusting.

Now im just a casual smoker... the worst kind!.

Just gotta quit crack (very moreish) and heroin.... and the odd speedball every now and again... and ill be fine :P

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

canada06']Day 3.... I don't smoke, don't even want to, hey now check my change.

Wish me luck.

Good luck to you!  You can do it!  Day 9 of not smoking and I'm using Chantix too.  It does indeed help with the cravings.  It's just the habit of it all that's left to beat now, really.  There have been a couple tough moments. but I got through 'em.

Good luck to you too. Gotta fight through the situations that you equate with smoking.

I smoked from the age of 14 to 32, ive given up for a year and only have 1 or 2 fags when i drink alcohol (which isn't every night!) its every other night! :P .But seriously... i found that if you get pissed then smoke a shit load in the morning you can go for a few days with out one as its so discusting.

Just gotta quit crack (very moreish) and heroin.... and the odd speedball every now and again... and ill be fine :P

I can't be a social smoker. For me it's all or nothing!!! As for that other shit you have to quit... whew that's a list and a half! eek.gif  I've been smoking since I was about 13 and I'm now in my forties. That's way too long. I quit for a year once before. If I did it then, I can do it now. I'm determined.

[quote name='canada06 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

canada06']Day 3.... I don't smoke, don't even want to, hey now check my change.

Wish me luck.

Good luck to you too. Gotta fight through the situations that you equate with smoking.

Yup, yup, that's true. Luckily, I don't have too many of them.  Since you can't smoke anywhere anymore and I don't smoke in my house or my cars, a lot of that equating a situation with smoking was removed awhile ago.  I don't associate a coffee with a smoke or a drink with a smoke or even driving with a smoke anymore and haven't long before I decided it was time to quit for good.  So that made it all that much easier for me.

Wow....good luck to everybody whos trying to quit. .

As Ceallach said you have to be sure you want to quit. Take one day at a time.

I used a book by Allen Carr called The easyway to stop smoking. I read it in 2 days,,smoked as i was reading it and by the time i got to the last chapter i had 3 cigarettes left, it was a struggle to smoke those final 3 but iv never put one in my mouth since and that was 6 yrs ago. I know it sounds daft but i know lots of people who have quit by reading the book.....its worth a try :D

Wish me luck.

good luck! and hang in there!!

UUUUHHHHH.....lots of luck, and hang in there too!! laugh.gif

So, how's everyone doing??? Like Barbara said, hang in there!!!