MOFO at 1997 MTV Awards

sonicfungus98

• Subscriber
want more of this they may not like POP but it was FUN!
Imagine them playing MOFO under The Claw.......that would be so good. I know we've talked about this a thousand times..Why not replace In A Little While or City Of Blinding Lights.

• Subscriber

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

Claire T']want more of this they may not like POP but it was FUN!

Imagine them playing MOFO under The Claw.......that would be so good. I know we've talked about this a thousand times..Why not replace In A Little While or City Of Blinding Lights.

... Mr Dennis Hopper !!!!

Yeah We Need MOFO this Year ! banana.gif

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

Claire T']want more of this they may not like POP but it was FUN!

Imagine them playing MOFO under The Claw.......that would be so good. I know we've talked about this a thousand times..Why not replace In A Little While or City Of Blinding Lights. that would be awwwwwwwwwwwwwwsome Mofo is one of my faves on pop

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

A great review of POP:

http://www.epinions.com/r...7346/content_98841038468

Wow, I guess I had a lot to say about this album. It stirs up a lot of deep feelings in me, and I think it's the bravest exploration of faith and doubt in the modern era that I've ever heard. It's dangerous, it's audacious, and it's an entirely different world from most of U2's previous work. And it's unfortunate that cultural standards regarding what should and shouldn't be said in a song have affected many Christians' opinions of this album, because it resonates more powerfully within this Christian than even some of my favorite "Christian rock" bands. If you're one of those "offended" people, I would implore you to give the album a second (or even first) chance. If you're simply a U2 fan who was put off by the change in mood and style, then I say dust this album off and give it another go. If you just don't like electronica in your rock music... well, I can't help you there.