Guitarist! I Need Some Help

celticfc09

• Subscriber

right so i need some help with gear.

anyone know what FX specifically Edge is using on Elevation and Mysterious Ways? two pedals, but which ones?

not the specific models necessarily but at least close to the right sound

As I recall, he used the 'Big Muff' PI Distortion/Sustainer pedal, Sobbat Drivebreaker I Distortion (the sound on Velvet Dress live and New York), Manny's Fuzz and the Ibanez 'Tubescreamer' mostly for the Elevation Tour. Try any of those. Use a wah pedal or Digitech Whammy (w/variable setting to low, mid-low wah).

Depending on which version of Mysterious Ways you're looking for, you'd have to vary the Phaser/Flanger/Envelope Filter ratio...they are present, but one is more pronounced than the others, depending on which version. Also some delay and reverb are present. Mix this with a distortion/fuzz pedal. I think he also uses a clean and dirty amp combo.

He uses TC Electronics, Korg and Eventide for his modulation FX....and Yamaha and Memory Man for his delays and reverbs.

• Subscriber

I know nothing about guitars but reading Mr Florendo's and Mr James posts, I'm beginning to think that it's all just screaming babies going wah wah wah by means of pedals!!! ;-)
If it's any help my dear wife tells me to pick my babies (pedals) up off the loungeroom floor and put them away on a regular basis.  One of my favourite pedals is The Cry Baby!

[quote name='mick james wrote:

mummy']I know nothing about guitars but reading Mr Florendo's and Mr James posts, I'm beginning to think that it's all just screaming babies going wah wah wah by means of pedals!!! ;-)

If it's any help my dear wife tells me to pick my babies (pedals) up off the loungeroom floor and put them away on a regular basis.  One of my favourite pedals is The Cry Baby!

LMAO!  There must be a corelation somewhere between guitar pedals and babies then! roll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

mummy']I know nothing about guitars but reading Mr Florendo's and Mr James posts, I'm beginning to think that it's all just screaming babies going wah wah wah by means of pedals!!! ;-)

One of mine too.  Makes for a cool effect with the bass too.

• Subscriber

thing is, you can never sound like the edge 100 percent. he has a custom made gold (2 of them mind) made by line 6.

i have a magazine full of the edge's effects

FLOOR EFFECTS

volume control for "shimmer"

digitech WH-1 whammy pedal

dunlop wah pedal

boss TU-2 tuner

skydstrup SC-1 goot controller

RACK EFFECTS (RIGHT SIDE RACK)

furman power conditioner

eventide harmonizer

2 lexicon processors

RACK EFFECTS (LEFT SIDE RACK)

furman power conditioner

x2 2290 T.C. electronic delays

x2 line 6 pod pro rackmounts

x2 line 6 rackmounted version DM4 distortian modellers (custom made)

x2 korg SDD3000 delays

STOMPBOXES

lovetone meatball envelope filter

lovetone doppelganger phaser/vibrato

original electro-harmonix big muff

original ampeg scrambler

ibanez TS-9 tube screamer

boss GE-7 equalizer

boss CS-2 compression sustainer

boss PW-2 power driver

boss FA-1 FET amp/preamp booster

skrydstrup bufferooster boost pedal

sobbat drive breaker

--------------------------------

not including amps and guitars! but there is a list of his gear! if you want to try to get close to the sound, for £370 odd you can get a boss GT-10! if not for £200 try the ME-70!

hope this helps!