Your Tour Feedback needed

aussiegirl

• Subscriber

Hey everyone,

I have been asked to compile good and bad feedback from the 2009 shows regarding security.

What worked?

What didn't?

Was there an issue that occurred at more than one show and that needs to be prevented in 2010?

What worked well that you'd like to see in place this year?

Any specific examples would be appreciated - please name the venue and date too.

Trying to ensure the 2010 shows run smoothly for all the lucky fans going!

• Subscriber

Foxboro/Boston 1. Hot day, in line everyone seated comfortably then at about 2pm some idiot from security starts at the front and tells everyone to start packing up seats/eskys etc. This caused a rush from the back of the line as they thought it was a sign the gates would be opened early. Unfortunately this was not the case and the front 50 or 100 metres of the line was people crammed shoulder to shoulder for over 3 hrs in the sun, people could hardly breath and there were people around me (probably from the north) that looked like they were going to pass out. Not long before 5pm someone threw up in there, then another, it was horrible.

The security people should have put a rope or something to section the crowd off in lots of say 200 and slowly moved everyone back until the people at the front were ok.

Then they had the idiot male/female security check problem which caused more delays and made people really angry as couples got split up.

They need to do what they did in Melbourne Vertigo where they had barriers set up to section the crowd off each time one of the pens filled up, they closed it off. Then let people shuffle up to the gate one section at a time. That was great.

New Jersey (2) wasn't so bad, but they didn't give wristbands out and at about 4pm they moved the crowd forward and just made a mass of people around the gate area and then tried to issue the male/female instructions. Unfortunately because the crowd was milled around the entrance even though we were numbered we got split up again and arseholes from way back were able to push there way through the crowd and get in before people with low numbers.

Maybe they just have both male and female security people at each gate so it doesn't matter which line you are in then at least people don't get split up. At New Jersey my wife got through the gate about 10 minutes before me which pissed us off because we thought we wouldn't get in the pit because I was so long getting through.

If we have a number system it really needs to be honoured by security.

And finally, not really on this point but don't put concerts in places where it takes 3 hrs to get back into the city. At Foxboro we were on a bus called Rockbus and it took about an hour to get out of the carpark and another two hours back into Boston which is a whole heap of fun when when of the gay guys on the bus has had too much Jack Daniels and spews on the bus, and you haven't even got out the friggin car park. Uuurrrrrggghhhhhhhh.

• Subscriber

For now I'll go with "something" :)

Aussiegirl you know you are my best and most fabulous frienddon’t you?!roll.gif

I had a fantastic night at the Wembley1 gig on 14thAug but would mention one thing about security. Due to a health problem I hadpre-arranged my early arrival well in advance and was told it would be no problem letting meinto the VIP area to rest up an hour before the main doors opened but this was refused on the day. The Wembley staff were very helpful and saw no problembut I think it was Live Nation who just had a blanket policy to say no.  There was another lady in a wheelchair, legs elevated, clearly in some discomfort, she too became quite upset with the attitude. Amore sensitive approach would have been helpful and better communicationbetween the companies involved at the event especially if someone is genuinely in some discomfort.frown.gif