U2 = Sell Outs

jrtm

U2 have become the biggest sell outs. The only interest in fans that this band has is making money from us now.

I used to think we got a fair deal, they deliver awesome music and we pay for it.

Now the deal seems they dish up whatever crap they can find be it remixes or greatest hits of the greatest hits in a different order or the remasters which are just making them money off something that has alreadty been released and lets face it, the remasters just seem to be louder than tthe original releases.

This band is on the biggest money grab of all time. What in flap is going on? When will the music actually count again? Or maybe it wont because the back catalogue is bringing in enough and around the corner there is going to be some other bullshit they find on a shelf and dust off and dish up for us to buy.

Something has got to give! I am losing interest in U2 very fast. These days I just wonder what shit they are going to come out with next.

Paul McGuinness is kidding himself about piracy because I think piracy is going to be used as a safeguard to see if the next thing released by U2 is a pile of shit or is actually worth slapping down the hard earned to buy.

No more bullshit U2, make a fucking decent record!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U2 have become the biggest sell outs. The only interest in fans that this band has is making money from us now.

I used to think we got a fair deal, they deliver awesome music and we pay for it.

Now the deal seems they dish up whatever crap they can find be it remixes or greatest hits of the greatest hits in a different order or the remasters which are just making them money off something that has alreadty been released and lets face it, the remasters just seem to be louder than tthe original releases.

This band is on the biggest money grab of all time. What in flap is going on? When will the music actually count again? Or maybe it wont because the back catalogue is bringing in enough and around the corner there is going to be some other bullshit they find on a shelf and dust off and dish up for us to buy.

Something has got to give! I am losing interest in U2 very fast. These days I just wonder what shit they are going to come out with next.

Paul McGuinness is kidding himself about piracy because I think piracy is going to be used as a safeguard to see if the next thing released by U2 is a pile of shit or is actually worth slapping down the hard earned to buy.

No more bullshit U2, make a fucking decent record!

There is a thread already of 'What do you consider a sellout?'.....Every successful band out there is a 'sellout'...including the so-called 'indie' bands. I've worked with so many nationals, and so many local bands. One thing that strikes out is that national acts get sponsorship from corporations, from Vans to Blackberry....pulling off tours require sponsorships from these companies, regardless of how big the venues are. Bands such as 311, Journey, Foreigner, Def Leppard, Dave Matthews Band, Jimmy Buffett, just to name a few, tour almost every year, yet their live production has always been the same....almost the same setlists too.
  • Subscriber

oulala , the stadiums are not sold out

and remember that in europe the capacity of the 2010 tour stadiums are for the most 65000 persons

so ..

(rose bowl is 90000, croke park 90000 ...)

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

surrenders']God this stuff is sooo old and boring.

You can be Director Of The Bored, and I'll be Chairman Of The Bored.

... at least when drinking coffee even the whinning bored shut up for a few minutes....

tongue.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

... at least when drinking coffee even the whinning bored shut up for a few minutes....

tongue.gif

Can I be the ironing bored?

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

tongue.giflaugh.gif

You calling me a whinger?

I'll have a long machiato with one please.

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

tongue.giflaugh.gif

You calling me a whinger?

I'll have a long machiato with one please.

Archived