U2 = Sell Outs

• Subscriber

And on the electro thing - seems like they gave it a go with Boots and everyone had a big cry.

Would have been great if they'd put the dance version of Crazy on the album instead of the insipid rock mix

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

toddv']Please could and has taken SBS....Done....

I was thinking Disco (taking place for the Rave of Crazy) leading into a soft Starring at the Sun....How cool....

Dead man, Gone, Last night....they can all work....

Ironic Miami was the weakest track on Pop, yet what a Rocker live? Saw it at Giants Stadium and it was awesome....

I actually love Miami! I'll take it over the Playboy Mansion any day.

Any did you ever notice that Please was the pseudo sequel to SBS?  I love on the Popmart tour how the iconic SBS drum riff featured during the "September, streets capsizing" part

And I'm with Mac on the remasters.

I'll use the hoary old chestnut that generally does my head in, but it applies here - you don't have to buy them.

As an audiophile, I've got no problems with the band using the current mastering technology to bring the stereo mix of 20 and 30 year old albums up to date. And they've all been well packaged and well presented thus far.

miami is a fantastic song! cant understand people saying its the worst u2 song ever. its brilliant, inventive, dark, bono rapping, amazing bass line, great lyrics, i cant fault it really. so what if it doesnt have a chorus, thats not what u2 were about in 1997 and its a shame pop was the most they pushed the boat out.

Bono forgot to pee before they left shore, so they turned the boat around.

He should have just wazzed over the side.

with the rise of electro pop making a come back, alot of chart music i hear these days sounds like 80's electro pop, im suprised u2 are not looking to move in this way next. after all they move with the times. like pop in 97, they had no choice but to make that album, same with achtung and the rule of indie bands, same with bomb, they tried to compete with bands like razorlight and the kooks, no line they were competing with killers, KOL.

lets face it lady gaga might not be to everyones taste, but it screams 80's electro to me, and lets face it, these modern artists must be doing something right!

I'd love to see Trent Reznor produce a U2 album.  He's producing the new Janes Addiction, so it's not that far fetched.

He could team up with Flood who co-produced some NIN albums.

Could be awesome!

But I don't think U2 would be willing to shed the fair-weather fans like they did with Achtung.

Radiohead were brave enough to do what they wanted with Kid A and make the change - mind there's still plenty of douche bag Radiohead fans.

Hey Mac, working on a mash of Reckoner and Foleys F'n Funk!

Stay tuned.

sounds good mickster!

And on the electro thing - seems like they gave it a go with Boots and everyone had a big cry.

Would have been great if they'd put the dance version of Crazy on the album instead of the insipid rock mix

mix it up a little eh mick? boots is a good track i like that one. its got programming written all over it, yet live it sounds more rocking! i dont understand how boots wasnt a big hit single to be honest, their fans were crying out for some electro u2, and when they got it, they ran away!
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

Kristaps']

There's more negative than positive about pretty much everything U2 these days in here.

- Not playing in City X sucks;

- Playing stadium X instead of Y sucks;

- Not playing in my country (the guys must hate my country);

- The Claw sucks;

- Not playing arenas sucks;

- Ticket prices suck;

- Bono a turd;

- The opening song sucks;

- The choice of songs sucks;

- The encore sucks;

- DVD sucks;

- YouTube broadcast sucks;

- etc....

devil.gif"> Wonroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifLove it Zhivvy!!!!!!!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifI think to put it politley...wed love to 'Mother' Bman.......tongue.gifwink.gif..as 'Mothers' do with new borns.....tongue.gifwink.gif

• Subscriber

Oh sorry, you were being a smart arse. I should have spotted that.

Well seeing I am a member of www.u2.com and hey have a forum

Definition:- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

Seeing the majority here would buy a U2 album of Bono farting the back catalogue and who would probably lobby for that album to get a Grammy Award I thought I would add my 2 cents about the band being a sell out.

I'm also pretty sure if the band thought they could make money off Bono farting the back catalogue they would release it and no doubt you would all buy it and rave about it's brilliance and how amazing the new direction is.

*holds hands up*.Id be guilty of buying EVERY Bottle of BMans Sweat.......tongue.giftongue.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mummy']mac u just gotta love ur sense of humor
:)
love it man!

not too weird for you!

Nothing is too weird for me, man.  Actually I lie.  Jimmy Carr is too weird for me.  Can that lad laugh? Anyone who can stand there and say the funniest things and not laugh is too weird!  tongue.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

vertigoed']I probably wouldnt but man... Bman is gorgeous... Who could resist those mind pictures?!

so glad an 18 year old understands and even shares our crush on the B-man..... thanx for that vertigoed!

Zhivvy, you've corrupted the minds of the young.... I feel sorry for the kids.roll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mummy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

vertigoed']I probably wouldnt but man... Bman is gorgeous... Who could resist those mind pictures?!

so glad an 18 year old understands and even shares our crush on the B-man..... thanx for that vertigoed!

Zhivvy, you've corrupted the minds of the young.... I feel sorry for the kids.roll.gif

I am on better behaviour when i am in the class - as for vertigoed - she was part way there already she didn't need that much corrupting - and  Bono had started corrupting me from when i was 17 with looking all smouldering in those videos and singing like that! So he started it!!