U2 = Sell Outs

jrtm

• Subscriber

God have I stepped into my office canteen tea break or something, cos all this u2 whining is starting to sound like something I would hear during tea break or lunch break eyes.gif

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

God have I stepped into my office canteen tea break or something, cos all this u2 whining is starting to sound like something I would hear during tea break or lunch break eyes.gif

i dont know what a sellout is exactly but i think the lad makes some good points about one of the greediest bands on planet earth. Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant. They are good points nonetheless. @ carol8, the canteen i go to must be in the opposite dimension to urs! :P

If U2 wanted to be greedy then The Claw, Popmart and ZooTV productions wouldn't have materialized....and also those cool LED curtains.

I guess I mentioned this again, and again, coz this thread is boring!!!

Ok, I'll stop trying to beat a dead horse now!

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Panth']Wow. Haven't heard this whinefest before.

Y'know, U2 apparently were sellouts with Unforgettable Fire. Joshua Tree put them on the cover of Time, they were called sellouts, U2 made Achtung and Zooropa, sell outs, Pop? They held a press conference at K-Mart. Oops! Sell outs!

Know who aren't sell outs? Talentless obscure indie bands who's albums you can only get at their shows, they charge about 30 bucks for them, and its usually a CD of 5-10 songs. But hey least they aren't sell outs.

Know who erally are sell outs? Green Day. They've turned into MTV and Mainstream Record company whores. Green Day are sell outs.

I agree with Trent Reznor when he said the Grammies were self congratulatory crap. Guess who were part? Green Day. Who's album was turned into a broadway musical? Green Day. That's Sell out.

U2 aren't sell outs. If all they cared about was money, they'd just release the same 10 track album that sounds like Joshua Tree from 1989 till now. U2 aren't a top 40 band, and the fact that their recent album was an album they wanted to make for themselves and not for hits shows U2 cares more about the music and their fans.

I mock Joshua Tree because it is so overrated. And who ever calls me one of those U2 can do no wrong fans, fuck you.

I guess that makes Panth the Chopping Bored.

I'm in as the Cheese Bored.

[quote name='michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

Y'know, U2 apparently were sellouts with Unforgettable Fire. Joshua Tree put them on the cover of Time, they were called sellouts, U2 made Achtung and Zooropa, sell outs, Pop? They held a press conference at K-Mart. Oops! Sell outs!

Know who aren't sell outs? Talentless obscure indie bands who's albums you can only get at their shows, they charge about 30 bucks for them, and its usually a CD of 5-10 songs. But hey least they aren't sell outs.

Know who erally are sell outs? Green Day. They've turned into MTV and Mainstream Record company whores. Green Day are sell outs.

I agree with Trent Reznor when he said the Grammies were self congratulatory crap. Guess who were part? Green Day. Who's album was turned into a broadway musical? Green Day. That's Sell out.

U2 aren't sell outs. If all they cared about was money, they'd just release the same 10 track album that sounds like Joshua Tree from 1989 till now. U2 aren't a top 40 band, and the fact that their recent album was an album they wanted to make for themselves and not for hits shows U2 cares more about the music and their fans.

I mock Joshua Tree because it is so overrated. And who ever calls me one of those U2 can do no wrong fans, fuck you.

panth i agree with what you said there, but the thing is u2 made no line for the fans? dont most fans hate the album?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

michielovesU2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

panth i agree with what you said there, but the thing is u2 made no line for the fans? dont most fans hate the album?

They made the album they wanted to make, and for the fans.  They didn't figure they're fans were old and unchanging and pissy.

There's more closet No Line fans than you know anyways.

Archived