Rate the albums...

Guest chris

yeah i heard that too, was last year on the NLOTH promo tour i think. definitely be worth it. take the 25+ years of playing these songs live and try to incorporate that into a rerecording. (electric Co, i will follow, Sunday bloody sunday, new years day...)
Sunday Bloody Sunday without the violin. No fade out on Electric Co.. A more complete version of "40".
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Boy: 10 In my opinion, their best album of their 80's, so much potential in it

October: 5 A horrible reply to Boy, maybe too influenced by Christian themes?

War: 9 Very well rounded up, very strong songs like Sunday, New Years, Seconds...

The Unforgettable Fire: 8 The end gets a bit weak, but Bad, Pride, TUF and A Sort of Homecoming are well worth it!

The Joshua Tree: 9 Streets alone deserves a 10, but once again, Trip Through Your Wires and Red Hill Mining put a bad ending to the album!

Rattle and Hum: 7 Too many covers and few good songs, but Hawkmoon, Angel, Desire and All I Want is You are incredible.

Achtung Baby : 10 Their best album ever, every song means something to me. Amazing!

Zooropa: 4 Perhaps it hasn't reached me yet, but I don't like it a bit, except Stay and Some Days.

Pop: 9 Some weak songs fail to make this album the best in U2 history, so cool and profound!

ATYCLB: 7 Five first songs are awesome, the rest is loathesome.

HTDAAB: 8 Very commercial but a complete rocker!

NLOTH: 8 Great lyrics and melodies, but as an album it fails to come together.

• Subscriber

Boy - 6

October - 7

War - 7

Unforgettable Fire - 8

Joshua Tree - 10

Rattle and Hum - 8

Achtung Baby - 10

Zooropa - 6

Pop - 8

All That You Can't Leave Behind - 10

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - 9

No Line on the Horizon - 7

• Subscriber

Boy - 5

October- 6

WAR - 7 3/4

Unforgettable Fire - 8

Joshua Tree - 8 3/4

Rattel & Hum - 7 1/2

Achtung Babie - 10

Zooropa - 9

POP - 8 3/4

All That You Can't leave Behind - 8 1/2

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - 9 1/2

No Line On The Horizon - 10

• Subscriber

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest/best.

Boy 7

October 7

War 7; This album and the other two prior to it...I was too young to fully appreciate these so it's not that they're not good, I'm just not attached to them like I am from UF onward.

Unforgettable Fire 9; some great classics

The Joshua Tree 10; Absolute perfection

Rattle and Hum 8; Nice, enjoyable, but I think this one missed the mark. I enjoyed the movie far more than the album.

Achtung Baby 8;  Some great songs on this album, a few on my frequent play list. I appreciate the effort, but admittedly not one of my favorite albums, but I do appreciate the album. I also think I'm the only one here who probably would rate this lower than a 10. tongue.gif

Zooropa 6; no comment

Pop 9; now that's more like it

All That You Can't Leave Behind 9; a return to the nice, familiar, classic U2 sound.

How to dismantle an atomic bomb 9; ditto and an enjoyable album.

No Line On The Horizon 10; Back to expermienting and I have to say I love this album. Looking forward to what they have in store for us next. happy.gif

• Subscriber

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest/best.

Boy 7

October 7

War 7; This album and the other two prior to it...I was too young to fully appreciate these so it's not that they're not good, I'm just not attached to them like I am from UF onward.

Unforgettable Fire 9; some great classics

The Joshua Tree 10; Absolute perfection

Rattle and Hum 8; Nice, enjoyable, but I think this one missed the mark. I enjoyed the movie far more than the album.

Achtung Baby 8;  Some great songs on this album, a few on my frequent play list. I appreciate the effort, but admittedly not one of my favorite albums, but I do appreciate the album. I also think I'm the only one here who probably would rate this lower than a 10. tongue.gif

Zooropa 6; no comment

Pop 9; now that's more like it

All That You Can't Leave Behind 9; a return to the nice, familiar, classic U2 sound.

How to dismantle an atomic bomb 9; ditto and an enjoyable album.

No Line On The Horizon 10; Back to expermienting and I have to say I love this album. Looking forward to what they have in store for us next. happy.gif

• Subscriber

All That You Can't Leave Behind 6/10 (time to kiss U.S.A's ass[/font])

Is that really necessary? Cant you just put down the album and leave nationality out of it?