passion or obsession?

barbara1

• Subscriber

finally did it! after several attempts to download a U2-ringtone (costing hours of my time... pints of sweat....) with no luck at all , i took the heartbreaking decision to replace my old mobilphone with a new one.... one that does have bluetooth!
and guess what?!' starring at the sun' is my new ringtone! so everyone who has my number, please call me as much as possible! i wont pick up thou...............

so now i wonder: replacing a very nice, friendly, beloved, red mobile-phone by a very nice, pink&white one and the only thing you really care bout is if it has bluetooth cause after all these years you want a u2-tone (in stead of the standard justin timberlake-song) does that make me passionate? a groupie? obsessed? crazy?
pfff...who cares anyway......

glasses.gif* puts on her 'u2-can -do -no -wrong'-shades and walks out...humming...there's an insect in your ear..if you scratch it wont disappear..its gonna itch and burn and sting.... you wanna see what the scratching brings...waves that leave me outta reach......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

finally did it! after several attempts to download a U2-ringtone (costing hours of my time... pints of sweat....) with no luck at all , i took the heartbreaking decision to replace my old mobilphone with a new one.... one that does have bluetooth!

and guess what?!' starring at the sun' is my new ringtone! so everyone who has my number, please call me as much as possible! i wont pick up thou...............

so now i wonder: replacing a very nice, friendly, beloved, red mobile-phone by a very nice, pink&white one and the only thing you really care bout is if it has bluetooth cause after all these years you want a u2-tone (in stead of the standard justin timberlake-song) does that make me passionate? a groupie? obsessed? crazy?

glasses.gif* puts on her 'u2-can -do -no -wrong'-shades and walks out...humming...there's an insect in your ear..if you scratch it wont disappear..its gonna itch and burn and sting.... you wanna see what the scratching brings...waves that leave me outta reach......

So you get a phone with bluetooth after I left and could have sent you all my ringtones over - including my pervy message tone of Bono moans! Think it won't send from here lol!!

And welcome to 21st century!laugh.gif

And I think I would call you a passionate obsessive!!!

(btw: is your bluetooth name Mrs Bono like mine is)

• Subscriber

Congrats on the new phone, Barbara! I also have U2 ringtones. I currently rotate between 3 different ones. Right now it's set to "Vertigo." So whenever my phone rings, the first thing I hear is Bono saying "Hello, Hello." Oh, and when people call me, instead of hearing the normal phone ringing sound, they hear "Beautiful Day" playing.

• Subscriber
Congrats on the new phone, Barbara! I also have U2 ringtones. I currently rotate between 3 different ones. Right now it's set to "Vertigo." So whenever my phone rings, the first thing I hear is Bono saying "Hello, Hello." Oh, and when people call me, instead of hearing the normal phone ringing sound, they hear "Beautiful Day" playing.

""Oh, and when people call me, instead of hearing the normal phone ringing sound, they hear "Beautiful Day" playing.""

---

how did you do that?

Also very cool to have "Hello, Hello" ;)

I too just recently bought a new phone just to have a U2 ringtone. Currently have Beautiful Day, I actually like to hear my phone ring (surprisingly since I hate cell phones) but hate to answer it! 

• Subscriber

""Oh, and when people call me, instead of hearing the normal phone ringing sound, they hear "Beautiful Day" playing.""

---

how did you do that?

Also very cool to have "Hello, Hello" ;)

I too just recently bought a new phone just to have a U2 ringtone. Currently have Beautiful Day, I actually like to hear my phone ring (surprisingly since I hate cell phones) but hate to answer it! 

It's actually something I can get from my provider. I have to pay for it, but it's worth it if I can share my U2 obsession with everyone.laugh.gif

I think that the major cell phone providers in the US offer this. I use Sprint, and they had a couple of dozen U2 songs to choose from.

bono1177.jpg

pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

u2ireland']""Oh, and when people call me, instead of hearing the normal phone ringing sound, they hear "Beautiful Day" playing.""

---

how did you do that?

Also very cool to have "Hello, Hello"
;)

It's actually something I can get from my provider. I have to pay for it, but it's worth it if I can share my U2 obsession with everyone.laugh.gif

I think that the major cell phone providers in the US offer this. I use Sprint, and they had a couple of dozen U2 songs to choose from.

thanks! gonna look into that...beautiful day would actually make me want to turn my ringer on...I keep it on vibrate and wear it instead....

• Subscriber

i swear, only 15 minutes ago (before reading your post, jenny!!) asked my son to install the 'hello, hello! .....' from vertigo as a 3rd ringtone!! i will soon have 3 ringtones (starring at the sun, magnificent- the intro!!- and vertigo-the hello, hello part....although i first wanted the intro there too: uno, dos , tres, catorce!!)

• Subscriber

i swear, only 15 minutes ago (before reading your post, jenny!!) asked my son to install the 'hello, hello! .....' from vertigo as a 3rd ringtone!! i will soon have 3 ringtones (starring at the sun, magnificent- the intro!!- and vertigo-the hello, hello part....although i first wanted the intro there too: uno, dos , tres, catorce!!)

I have the counting bit as my ring tone! I love it!

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1
']

I have the counting bit as my ring tone! I love it!

i will never be able to choose! wallpaper was easy... my love would not allow a bono-pic....so now i have a zita-pic!!

(if i would have 'permission' to have a bono-pic... making a choice would be impossible! so i should be glad.... eyes.gif)