Email spam issue ...

Carry Each Other

Anyone else having an issue with extreme amounts of spam in email? I can understand a couple spam / bogus emails a day, but on average, I get between 50 and 150 per day. To be honest, I still haven't figured out how to turn the spam blocker on either.

For the record, I don't give this email address out to anyone anymore, and haven't given it in more than two years. None of my family or friends send me stuff here either. I'll continue to renew my membership every year with or without the email account.

Since I don't use the email account other than to delete spam, I have a question. What would happen if I stopped checking it altogether? Would the buildup of spam slow anything down here? If not, then I'll stop cleaning it out every day, and only check it once every couple months.

In my old age, I'm too lazy to invest the time to delete spam. I know how to 'select all' messages and delete that way btw. If an overage of emails in my account won't slow the website down, then I'll simply stop checking my email on a regular basis.

Thank you.

YOU are loved.

NOTE: I'm typing this from a handheld device attached directly to my computer, so if I've put it in the wrong place on the site, then I apologize, but since my monitor is acting wacky, I don't have any other option now. Thanks again.

I've only had ONE - poetic, I know - email login issue here, but Baja was able to fix it for me. However, the spam has been an ongoing issue since nearly day ONE. To be honest, I don't really care about the email account here. They could take away the feature. It wouldn't bug me in the least. The only reason that I check it is to keep it from getting backed up with junk mail.

As of a few minutes ago, "Messages 1 to 197 of 197" were spam in my email account_74615. I didn't delete them though. I'm gonna try to go for an overall record. I won't check it again for a month, and see how many there are. This is gonna be a fun experiment. :)

My first email, a Yahoo one, which was created in 98 was the same a few years ago. It could well be that my contacts didn´t delete my email address before forwarding. I created a new address and set an automatic reply with my new address. It seems that these companies (or people or whatever they are) do not accept replies, which is great. The spam didn´t ´follow me`.

Nowadays I have this message below my sig. asking my contacts to delete my email address before forwarding. If you don´t take this measure with hotmail it sends virus to your friends on your behalf, which is something I´ve never witnessed with gmail or yahoo.

My gmail junk box filters about 95% of unwanted emails. The only downside of gmail is that you can´t create folders like yahoo, which I find very very helpful.

Put simply, if you are to create a new account I suggest gmail.

My first email, a Yahoo one, which was created in 98 was the same a few years ago. It could well be that my contacts didn´t delete my email address before forwarding. I created a new address and set an automatic reply with my new address. It seems that these companies (or people or whatever they are) do not accept replies, which is great. The spam didn´t ´follow me`.

Nowadays I have this message below my sig. asking my contacts to delete my email address before forwarding. If you don´t take this measure with hotmail it sends virus to your friends on your behalf, which is something I´ve never witnessed with gmail or yahoo. 

My gmail junk box filters about 95% of unwanted emails. The only downside of gmail is that you can´t create folders like yahoo, which I find very very helpful. 

Put simply, if you are to create a new account I suggest gmail