Next tour

britdiver

• Subscriber

I love, repeat love U2. Having seen the 360 tour in ATL and now, right now, watching the DVD of the Elevation tour for the 100th time. I'm begging, and I mean begging, PLEASE PLEASE play arenas next time. I saw them at the Philips Arena twice on the Elevation tour and again on the Vertigo tour. I understand money drives these things. BUT I will be willing to pay more for a ticket at smaller venues. They are past the "flash" tours. People just want to see them. So I'm here to beg for a USA arena tour next time around PLEASE!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It would be nice to see them in an indoor setting. Both the times I've seen them so far have been in a stadium setting. I'd love to see and feel the difference.

• Subscriber
They can play arenas, but they should still use a stage at the centre of the arena.

yes why not , they did it during the first shows of the zootv tour in usa and the stage was tourning during trying to throw your arms around the world. they probably abandonned it for electrical reasons technics .. also for 360 the stage is brought forward but no audience is in the ground .. still cos the cables and stuff .. 

they made it in 1992 they could do it again

i like your idea

• Subscriber
There is still a possibility that they play at indoor arenas, since after Zoo TV and PopMart they decided to play at indoor arenas during the Elevation and Vertigo tour.
I think that they returned to arenas because the PopMart stadium shows weren't selling out.

I would love to see them indoors, yet it seems as they grow in age they want to stick to 2-3 shows a week (outdoor) instead of 4-5 shows (indoor) a week. Its less strain on them physically....

Also, they are charging 250 for the best seats in a stadium and i just checked ticketmaster for the NJ show in July and tickets in the 2nd level by the stage are 250. WOW...what would the cost be for MSG's best seats now and thats face value? Basic economics right...

I would like to see what the Stones have done in the past tours: A bunch of stadium shows, some arena shows, and then a couple of club shows.

No matter what U2 is great in any venue...I just can't imagine the demand for tickets would be for arena shows would be? And these guys have a lot of miles on them....they still sound great, yet after this Live Nation deal is done they could walk away....Lets try and keep them touring no matter what!

• Subscriber
at mexico it was sold out le popmart how can they ignore mexican for 360 (?)
Some PopMart shows sold out, many did not. Just guessing, but I think Mexico and S.America may be added to the next leg along with Australia, NZ, Japan, assuming that there is another leg. Since those areas of the world seem to have less big acts touring as travel expenses there are astronomical, the shows are in HUGE demand . . . why would they scale back to arenas when there will be such massive demand??? Also, while we can all wish for arena shows (me too, I love them!), why in the world would they return to smaller venues when they have so much money invested in this stage meant for stadiums???