If U2 are truly sellouts, then ...

Carry Each Other

I'd like to commend them ... WOW !!!

I realize there may be a few people that think selling out is a BAD - U2 song reference intended - thing, but i certainly don't share the critics' psychosis ...

For those of us with them since the 8 track daze, it's a tremendous ego booster to witness U2 selling out stadiums in the current era ... Wow !!! OMG !!!

To be honest, i have snoregasms (aka wetdreams) that aren't as exciting as the U2 facts ... A band that i was fond of in the early 80s is still selling out venues, and getting fan mail from around the globe ... It's a tremendous ego booster for me ...

• Subscriber

I have to agree. You have to hand it to the boys. They've been around for 30+ years, with their original members, and they are able to still sell out stadiums. I don't think there are that many bands out there that can say the same.

I have to agree. You have to hand it to the boys. They've been around for 30+ years, with their original members, and they are able to still sell out stadiums. I don't think there are that many bands out there that can say the same.

I agree 100%.

• Subscriber

I think that is part of the reason why i love them so much

• Subscriber
I'd like to commend them ... WOW !!!

I realize there may be a few people that think selling out is a BAD - U2 song reference intended - thing, but i certainly don't share the critics' psychosis ...

For those of us with them since the 8 track daze, it's a tremendous ego booster to witness U2 selling out stadiums in the current era ... Wow !!! OMG !!!

To be honest, i have snoregasms (aka wetdreams) that aren't as exciting as the U2 facts ... A band that i was fond of in the early 80s is still selling out venues, and getting fan mail from around the globe ... It's a tremendous ego booster for me ...

Yeeaahh! Well put. You say it much better than I ever could and I just want to enjoy them while they are still doing what they do best, long may it last!

• Subscriber
There's also not many bands that can make a 50000+ venue feel like an intimate show. :)
Yes! There were 90000+ at the Rose Bowl, but it felt like it was just me and them. Everyone else just seemed to fade away. No other band I've seen has had that effect on me.

• Subscriber

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

danger_girl']There's also not many bands that can make a 50000+ venue feel like an intimate show.
:)

Yes! There were 90000+ at the Rose Bowl, but it felt like it was just me and them. Everyone else just seemed to fade away. No other band I've seen has had that effect on me.

No, it was just them and me, lol . . . . . have to agree with all of the above and cannot wait to see them in 40 + days thumbsup.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

danger_girl']There's also not many bands that can make a 50000+ venue feel like an intimate show.
:)

No, it was just them and me, lol . . . . . have to agree with all of the above and cannot wait to see them in 40 + days thumbsup.gif

I'm giddy at almost less than a 100 days! Will have to pulled from the ceiling when it gets to 40 days!