Updated:Bono to receive award tonight, tune in on tv!

u2jackie

Here are some pictures from tonight!:
AP5.jpg
AP4.jpg
AP3.jpg
AP2.jpg

AP1.jpg

AP6.jpg

*If you don't have C-SPAN here's the link to the Live-TV Stream on their site: http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

hmm I don't know because it's live, but on that page from the link I posted, in the upper right hand corner of the screen it says "video library" and if you click on that tomorrow, it might be there. I'll look around on youtube tomorrow too, to see if anyone posts video of the event.

• Subscriber
hmm I don't know because it's live, but on that page from the link I posted, in the upper right hand corner of the screen it says "video library" and if you click on that tomorrow, it might be there. I'll look around on youtube tomorrow too, to see if anyone posts video of the event.

Cheers - once again you are a star!!!

haha thanks!

well im watching C-SPAN 3 right now...you aren't missing much, turns out that they aren't even showing it! lol

ONE.org posted an article saying it was gonna be televised but I guess they might've been wrong. I'm still waiting till 7pm my time(central) though, maybe the scheduling is off

Update: 

So C-SPAN 3 never showed the award Gala, but here are some quotes and pics of Bono's speech, people at the event, and John McCain introducing him:

"Senator John McCain is introducing Bono: 'Bono actually reads the IMF reports!'."

"Bono and his allies have achieved transformation of leaders...his work is about justice" says McCain."

Bono: You might not think of John McCain as an activist for the world's poor, but he is. Cindy, too.

"Bono is up on stage and people with significant titles are melting...it is hilarious. Groupies!!!"

Bono: "america has a stake in extreme poverty."

Bono's nickname for Clinton - "that cat Billy Clinton from Arkansas."

Bono: All of us have a stake in this word "#america". It is not just a country, it is an idea. A contagious thought.

Bono: equality and justice for all is a catchy melody!

Bono: development as an "equal but separate partner" to the military.

Bono:" these worlds of defence and development are linked, and we need to see them as part of the same picture."

Bono: violent extremism is circling many of the parts of Africa.

"Bono' s good friend Baaba Maal is performing! Everyone is in awe. This is too cool."

bonojohnmccain4-28-2010WADC.jpg

bonoWADC4-28-2010.jpg