I found my Irish dream home

wahine

I've been snooping around for over 15 years at property in Ireland, narrowed it down to Dublin FOR SURE. Well, I found my dream home and there is no way I could ever buy it. I have looked at everything from little apartments to big estates and oddly what I described as my ultimate dream home is now on the market. It's priced only about $10 million dollars more than I could afford LOL. Well not really but it's one thing to buy something like that and another to keep it up. It has to be the most beautiful home I've ever seen there. I got kinda pissed when I found one an old castle that I thought was really cool but needed fixing and the guy that lives down the street from me here in Florida bought it, he's head of the Irish American society so it made sense. He fixed it all up and then just sold it. Anyhow, here I am with no possible way of buying this place but I can still dream. Personally, in this market it is way overpriced but there is just something special about this property. I would change out furnishing FOR SURE but check this place out, it's beautiful! There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at whatever comes on the market over there, I'm a Realtor here so its natural to look, I said I would never go back to Ireland but if I had something like this I would never leave! You gotta click on the photos and check the gardens! It's perfect! My dream home.  Keep on dreaming wahine! I can barely take care of my little cottage here on the beach, God knows I would never be able to keep it up on my own! It would take a full staff just to clean LOL.

http://homes.irishtimes.com/search_adv2/brochure.asp?prop_id=SJCFO433128

I'll get about as close to this home as finding the pot of gold with a leprechaun!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

What a gorgeous house - could imagine myself with all that land, could have a couple of goats! Lovely area where it is too. I could get used to the lifestyle of living in a place like that.

Or what about this place: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/monte-alverno-sorrento-road-dalkey-co-dublin/102450 Almosr a castle and just around the corner from a certain singer's house!!! If I win the euromillions on Friday I may be able to afford it!

I came across this house on Daft a year ago when I was looking for a new place.

I could say it´s my Irish dream home.

I prefer modern* houses without carpet.

www.daft.ie/1416558

*Perhaps became my hometown was designed by Oscar Niemeyer and I´m used to it.
I love the Shelbourne Hotel, though. smile.gif

• Subscriber

While from the outside the original house looks great, the inside is just not to my taste. I like more modern desings.... I don't think I would feel comfortable in there.

But since I'm not living there - don't listen to me. :D

Those houses are beautiful, I always wanted to know what it was like to live in Ireland.

We all live in mansions and have slaves doing our laundry.  We don't call them slaves these days.  We just refer to them as the "little people under the stairs" :-P