Let's talk about the positive: The economics of the band

agt

• Subscriber

So with all the sold out threads on here(What ever they mean). I thought it would be a good idea to talk about the positive aspects the band provide, eg: The economics!

All you seem to here is, the sites too expensive, the concerts are too expensive, albums, DVD's and so forth. What I want to know is do people really think U2 get all the money?

U2's economics creat massive employment that none of these sold out threads seem to consider and there's also the fact that they all do there own charity work at there own expense.

One example is the new DVD. Were not being forced to buy anything, were being given a choice! Not everyone want's extra's, so they can buy the single DVD. Some people like some extra's, so they can buy the Deluxe DVD. Some people have a Blu-ray player, so there been given the choice to own that. Others like something a bit more special hence the Super Deluxe edition.

At no point is anyone being forced to buy anything, were just being offered choice!

So out of this Concert release how much employment is created? Masses. From production, filming, mixing authoring, desing, distribution, retail and more that I can even compton plate.

Let's discuss....................

The sites too expensive? simple solution Don't rejoin as a paying member. 

I was a fully paid up member for about 3 years I guess (mainly to get the annual CD given away to paying members) but then decided to get the CD on ebay at a slightly cheaper price from the thieves with 15 copies on offer who must work for the folk who make the CDs or those who distribute them.

If the U2 and their Record Company along with the folk who run this site are happy to see this going on and choose not to stop it then why should I give a fuck who is selling them or from where?

As you can see I still can post topics or answer questions etc even as a free member.

What does the site have to offer should be the big question...

The latest videos? NO these are more than likely to be linked to youtube or some other independent site.

Great give-a-way gifts? NO the vast majority of members never got anything

The latest news from the band? NO most of what appears on U2.com is lifted from interviews given in magazines, newspapers or radio interviews with nothing to do with U2.com

Direct input from U2? Not much if anything at all

Question and answer time with U2 from time to time? NO

Chance to win prizes and meet the band or individual members of the band...NO

The economics are unimportant also, nobody is forced to but the latest albums or singles (even if the band or record company can be bothered issuing them on CD format)

Digital downloads are much the same, why pay for a digital download when there are sites giving them away for free?

As for the new Live DVD...I saw them play on the 360 tour and loved it.

Breathe done live is amazing but for some fucking reason known only to the band it has been cut from the DVD

Guess what..I'm not buying the Live DVD because of that but WILL no doubt download it off some site for FREE!

Ok the big question that has been asked of the band for years now...how can U2 justify getting all that money when... etc etc etc  WELL only a fool refuses money!

If the band work on new albums, DVDs and singles then it's only right they get paid for their work

Grow up!
And where is the new album? 
No doubt certain members of the band (The Edge) are unhappy with the way some of the tracks, sound and lyrics appear (again) and will be in the process of remixing, fixing and fucking up the new songs even as we speak with a helping hand from Danny and Brian who continue to remove U2's own original sound and add their own.
The new tracks will be safe, cryptic and inoffensive to anyone and at the same time will be explained as anything that pops into Bono's head at a later date.
Bono has never. ever mentioned names of the guilty in even one song ever written in his entire life!
But feel free to correct me!!
I love Danny and Brian's music but why can't they just fuck off and make some new tracks on their own and leave Bono and the boys in peace.
They sort of remind of when you have guests in your house who don't know when it's time to go home and continue to sit and sit and sit!!!
The only time U2 get the chance to sound like like their old selves anymore is on stage when Danny and Brian are tucked up in bed with their cup of hot chocolate!!
When six middle aged men are stuck in one room you are going to get middle aged music that ain't going nowhere...but out of the charts!
The last 2 singles never even got into the top 40 and that's not good.

I've felt the imput of someone that is affecting U2 very deeply. This person does have a say because U2 has open the door for this person, but this person is not working out for U2. Bono knows who is the person that is changing their original wave. Its not good, it comes off as negative energy for my Prince. Why, their goals are not exactly met with their songs. Prince Bono has his energy that guides him, someone elses energy is what Bono is working with. Thats where the problem is. Bono is original, nothing like the original Prince. His energy is sweet, clean and pure. Very clear energy, always comes thru. Like Magnificent. That song, brings out my Prince. No one can deny that this song is very very personal and spiritual, and intimate. Thats my Prince, seductive.

Who ever is writing the songs for the Prince is like taking U2 on a detour. I just haven't said anything. I prefer my Prince starts writing his own songs. I can't really explain myself clear right now. Someone is taking my Prince and U2 on a detour, out of their energy into someone else's energy, to give their base, their crows, their followers. There seems to be a problem here. Something is affecting them in this way. U2 must stay on their own path, using their own energies combined, and continue with the original visions from the start. Never take a detour like what has happened after the vertigo tour. Remove what was added after vertigo and there you have the Original U2 back on track on a normal level as they were from the beginning. Its that a change was made after vertigo and this change brings with it a new energy, this energy interferes with U2's original style and it affects my Prince, so I don't like this change. If the effect is negative for my Prince, I feel it, and can't resist the negative feeling affecting him, so, I rather get my Prince back to his original position on Vertigo, without the inclusion of the new changes, meaning a person or persons whose work is being used for U2 to work with, its not working out for U2. I just haven't said anything to get the whole picture, but I can see now, that my Prince's grace, God's intimate closeness to Bono brings to them all that they need to succeed in their concerts. My message is, negative energy can penetrate U2, if the Prince doesn't keep his eyes and spirit very open and cautious. This is for now and future to come. U2 must stick to their original visions, Bono's visions particularly, because infiltrations of negative energy is not good, and it comes when we open the door to it without first analysing the persons we are to engage with on a spiritual level. One must know the spiritual wellness of the people who come close to us. There need not be any physical contact for this. One can sense negative energies on anyone. If it feels bad, its negative. I love my Prince today and always, I love U2 too.

Um

Aren't Brian and Danny employees of the band and invited to the album-making party ... which would mean that U2 WANT them to "continue to remove U2's original sound and add their own"

Since they've been on so many albums together it suggests to me that they are a part of the sound in many ways and have been since early on in their career.

Good point on how much employment they add. I'd be curious how much of that employment stays in Ireland, especially with the way the economy is there right now.

There is good and bad to the site. Looks like they are working toward some changes which will be appreciated for those of us forking out the money!

REALM!! What are or who are you talking about gal!!! You kind of lost me. :)

• Subscriber

Oh my God

For the first time, I actually agree with you tongue.gif

As for this massive corporation creating employment, don't know about you lot, but the idea of that somewhat spoils the romantic side of the art and the music for me.

And as for not resubscribing if you feel the site is too exspensive, fine.

But I also believe that many people really want to be a paid subsciber to the fanclub of the band they love, but they just find it too exspensive.

If you really loved hotdogs and they started charging fifty bucks for one, sure you don't have to buy one, but you'd still really love a hotdog, no?

And does anyone really believe that the band mixes thier songs into oblivion just for the fun of it, and hires producers that they don't want to work with?

I call bullshit on that.

Not sure if you understand how popular recordings are made, but you hire producers with the sole purpose of adding their spin to your sound.

That is specifically the role of a producer

And it's a fact the Eno and Lanois have been a vital part of U2s sound, in whatever form that takes, over the last 30 years.

• Subscriber

Oh my God

For the first time, I actually agree with you tongue.gif

As for this massive corporation creating employment, don't know about you lot, but the idea of that somewhat spoils the romantic side of the art and the music for me.

And as for not resubscribing if you feel the site is too exspensive, fine.

But I also believe that many people really want to be a paid subsciber to the fanclub of the band they love, but they just find it too exspensive.

If you really loved hotdogs and they started charging fifty bucks for one, sure you don't have to buy one, but you'd still really love a hotdog, no?

And does anyone really believe that the band mixes thier songs into oblivion just for the fun of it, and hires producers that they don't want to work with?

I call bullshit on that.

Not sure if you understand how popular recordings are made, but you hire producers with the sole purpose of adding their spin to your sound.

That is specifically the role of a producer

And it's a fact the Eno and Lanois have been a vital part of U2s sound, in whatever form that takes, over the last 30 years.