U2 are Bigger than the Beatles.

u2zoo24 wrote:

I have been very active in this thread stating that the two cannot and should not be compared.

My final final thought.

How beloved and popular are the Beatles you ask?

Well...When thier former lead singer was accussed of BEATING A ONE ARMED WOMEN. He was pretty much left unscathed. Both in the media and the publics general opinion. Celebritys and the public sided with Paul instantly. Some public figures even came out attacking Heather Mills with no knowledge of what really happened.

How many other celebritys can say that?

One photoshopped picture of a girl standing NEAR Bono in a bikini and the press and public were all over him. Like he was hitting on them, paaalease.... Besides I think Bono could do a bit better than two saggy chicks (one with a nose like W.C. Fields) No offense intended to our female readers, i'm saggy myself in a few spots......but lets be honest. Even if Bono is checking her out how do you know he's not turning her away? "Well ladies it's tempting...but i'm married." Anyways he's a rockstar. If he turned them down there would have to be something wrong with him. That's why we love Bono. There is something wrong with him. He's different.

My final thought....Nuff said.

I think its just that The Beatles are More Powerful than U2.

but then again they were Bigger than Beatles..

ok.. Thread's not finish yet.. lol

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though U2 is my favorite band, I still think they're not up there with The Beatles. The only way you can determine that is having several artists fromall genres of music getting influences from them...or forming their own band, because of them. Example, you have Ozzy Osbourne (metal) being inspired to starta band, because of The Beatles. Music that you hear now can be traced back to some of The Beatles' influences - from folk to orchestra ensembles to exoticsoundscape music. Even the recording aspect of it was innovative, and has been used by today's top recording engineers and producers. It's also theBeatles culture...from being the 1st 'boy band', to being a band of spiritual enlightenment. Things where other great bands cover their songs, in alltypes of genres. In schools, as early as elementary, they teach their songs to the kids. The other notable one is Led Zeppelin. It seems like these 2 bands(The Beatles & Led Zeppelin) have started their own genre, or category, in the music world...where as U2 were influenced by them. Sure, U2 has a lot of'offsprings', like Coldplay, The Fray, etc...but if you compare it to The Beatles, U2 still has a long way to go.

• 1 month later...

The Beatles were good, Listen, "were, they can still sing. But, one must be honest and open to the truth. U2 is not an ordinary Band. They carry force, aforce to be dealt with, they are constant in space and time. U2 just don't give us hits, they give us so much more. They earned the love and respect oftheir fans. They also give and share their fortunes and have open the way for all of us to join them by inspiring us to give the best of ourselves to othersand to love ourselves more and more. The beatles were on the spot light for a long time, but a band must proove their worth in terms that are artistic andspiritually and truly be considered a Legend. Thats U2, a Legend, in futuristic terms. Truly, Bono is "A Legendary Artist too"They must be able to"touch the world, touch humanity within, provoke love. Only U2 has that power. Bono, also has a trance provoking pitch, a voice so Magnificent, soinspiring, so angelic, that he can actually provoke telepathic channelling. So, I like the Beatles, treasure John Lennon, (may he rest in peace) but for fortruth sake, is not about who is better than who, is about who is with us, who is moving us, who is making a difference, who is relevant. Thats U2, a relevantband loved by many spanish countries too, we appreciate, can comunicate and adore (spanish language is a love language) such a Majestic & gifted Artistlike Bono, and a gifted, mysterious, Legendary, and exotic band like U2. Love, peace, power, and serenity to U2 from Realm, the lost little girl.

The Beatles only got where they did because music needed a change in direction the music they brought out was average at best and they just happened to get thetiming right.

As for u2 are they the greatest ever.....no not in my opinion........

are they the biggest right now.......no again not in my opinion

u2 do decent songs and make some decent albums but thats about it.

Mr Fly wrote:

Well using current weights, U2 are definitely heavier than the Beatles.

Well Bono beats them on his own without adding the other 3........lol

• Subscriber

Wow. I really disagree with the opening statement. Not trying to be inflammatory but it reminds me a little of Garth Brooks claiming to be bigger than theBeatles because he's sold more albums. No way in hell. He's sold more albums because marketing is that much bigger a machine. He doesn't even writehis own songs! I'm not a big Beatles fan--I just respect what they did at the time they did it.

• Subscriber

If there was never the Beatles, then there would never have been the Clash. Therefore no Beatles, no Clash then sadly there would be no U2. I love both bandsequally. However its hard to compare the two different time periods and styles. Both bands have expermented with sounds and differnt styles of music. Both havegrown with each new album. The beatles were together for 12 years. and u2 have been together about 30 or so now. Beatlemania and their own egos destroyed thatband. U2 were at a breaking point during the actung sessions. U2 have won more grammys. The one question that lies is what would happen if Lennon had neverdied. There could have been a reunion we might never know. I like to say U2 is a bigger band. However I think that most music scholars would say the Beatlesare the bigger band. Its a diffent time and place. Its too hard to compare the two.

• Subscriber

basher1 wrote:

Mr Fly wrote:

Well using current weights, U2 are definitely heavier than the Beatles.

Well Bono beats them on his own without adding the other 3........lol

Well, Bono's not that heavy. I mean Paul and Ringo have to be at least 280 lbs between them.