U2 are Bigger than the Beatles.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u2zoo24 wrote:

Lennon was the talent in the Beatles. Look at the stupid lyrics Paul wrote on his own after the Beatles. They don't even compare. Paul rode Lennons writing abilty and corpse right into success. WINGS SUCKS BUTT. Lennon's songs after the Beatles continued to be cutting edge and inspirational. Pauls songs were bubble gum top forty at best. I like many of your comments and totally agree with a few but to say Paul was a more talented musican than John is just plain silly. LOL.

In Respect to Paul, I still love his solo work, but uh... Wings? I don't know

lol..

• Subscriber

Most bands like the beatles imploded because of Egos. Lennon & McCartney, Plant & Page, Marley & Tosh, Jaguar & Richards, hall & Oates(joking) all put themselves bofore the Band. clash & floyd same thing. U2 are One band, larry, Edge, Bono, Adam, best friends who believe in We over Me. U2 have exploded once again on top of the mountain. They are ultimate pros, friends and inspire each other to greatness and now we have NLOTH..a masterpieceand we get to see them take the greatest show on earth on the road for our pleasure and heaven on earth

The Beatles just plays less than 15 years U2 30 years, Beatles evolution their looks and music 3 times U2 more than 6, Lennon just speak, Bono acts and work,God part II is better than God I hehe, The Beatles era just few bands can be competition for them U2 had many many more bands now at the same time working andU2 still being the best band on the world..

interu2005 wrote:

The Beatles just plays less than 15 years U2 30 years, Beatles evolution their looks and music 3 times U2 more than 6, Lennon just speak, Bono acts and work, God part II is better than God I hehe, The Beatles era just few bands can be competition for them U2 had many many more bands now at the same time working and U2 still being the best band on the world..

Does that mean I should change the title

Coldplay are Bigger than U2.

I thought Chris Martin was a Wa*ker

lol...

U2 are certainly more profound than The Beatles and have far more worth singing about. You can keep your glass onions and yellow submarines.

But The Beatles are the biggest band of all time and always will be, well until they're forgotten which won't be for another 50 years...

What does "bigger" mean anyway - more universally known, or universally liked? I'd argue that U2's music has a more widespread appeal...

It´s diferent times. The Beatles were a great band. If the greatest band is the one who sells more albums, then I don´t know who is the winner. But beingthe biggest band in the world as some other items to avaliate. Number of fans, albums, Nº 1s, Tours (what really defines a band, to me), interaction with thefans and the world, years of formation. Avaluating all these itens I guess U2 are on the lead! And will be for many more years!

Let's finish

The Beatles 1957 -1970 U2 "1978" - to right now and more..

(12 years VS 30+ years)

The Beatles times - (no much more bands to find)

U2 times - MANY MANY bands and new generes like hip hop and reggeton, and they still number 1

Jhon lennon just talk talk talk

Bono work work work and close to he world leaders

I love Beatles music and I know is history but U2 are 4 same guys togheter always and working like no one in music history