U2 are Bigger than the Beatles.

interu2005 wrote:

Bono acts and work a lot for human rights, Lennon just sleeps with Yokono on a bed for days..

Lol on this one..

if Lennon is still alive maybe he's uncomfortable about Bono I guess, due to the size of Lennon's EGO, lol...

Lennon is about "Imagine" and Bono's about doing the execution to Lennon's Imagine.

I have a lot of Respect to the Beatles and John Lennon.

I just tried to make a comparison of the White Album and No Line on The Horizon.

white vs black and white. lol

honestly. No Comparison...both are Magnum Opus...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no disrespect to the Beatles, I think the reason for much of their nostalgic popularity is because the band is no longer together and Lennon is no longeralive.

If U2 all died for some tragic reason, then they'd be skyrocketed up beyond belief as the greatest band ever in human history. Even so, when the band endsdue to them getting old they'll have even more fame, even though they are up at the top already.

redcloud wrote:

With no disrespect to the Beatles, I think the reason for much of their nostalgic popularity is because the band is no longer together and Lennon is no longer alive.

If U2 all died for some tragic reason, then they'd be skyrocketed up beyond belief as the greatest band ever in human history. Even so, when the band ends due to them getting old they'll have even more fame, even though they are up at the top already.

I think Larry Mullen hinted that they want to "retire" as famous at the top not from the bottom, that's why they don't want to release crapalbums. lol

as for Bono. they might kill his persona? how I don't know. exploding sunglasses like those in mission impossible

and everybody assume that Paul Hewson is still alive.. (kinda like those Elvis Sightings.)

So if Bono is out of the universe, is that I can say that " Bono was More Popular than Jesus Christ?" (this is a joke, not meant to be serious to allJesus Lovers out there)

redcloud wrote:

With no disrespect to the Beatles, I think the reason for much of their nostalgic popularity is because the band is no longer together and Lennon is no longer alive.

If U2 all died for some tragic reason, then they'd be skyrocketed up beyond belief as the greatest band ever in human history. Even so, when the band ends due to them getting old they'll have even more fame, even though they are up at the top already.

The Beatles were as big then as U2 are now, when Lennon was alive. Don't forget that we live in a mass media society. Internet,cellphones,200channels on tv,sattilite,cable,dsl. U2 gets alot more exsposure because of the times we live in. The Beatles were as popular 40 years ago when there was onlytelevision and movies. Even in countries like the Soviet Union who closed themselves off to foriegn influences.

• Subscriber

chris wrote:

As much as I love U2, I think you're all crazy! The Beatles were the blueprint for modern pop/rock, without them there would be no U2. U2 makes amazing music, but the Beatles *changed* music. I can understand why some people might not like them, but you can't deny that in every possible way they are more important than any other band.

And as for the people who don't like The Beatles, I noticed that most of you say you only have one album, or a best of compilation. That's just the thing - in their later years (ie their most creative period) they were an album band, not a singles band. You need to hear albums start to finish to realize what they were all about. Imagine if all you knew of U2 was the 18 Singles comp, I doubt they'd be your favorite band.

This may be true, but.......it's timing.....and if the beatles didn't do it, someone else would have.

• Subscriber

I love U2 but look at the time frame that the Beatles put THAT collection out in. 7 years..... U2 would have maybe just released Joshua Tree in that amountof time.

Sorry guys, U2 is a legendary band but it wasn't just timing with the Beatles. If that was the case the Stones would be everything since they were thesame time period as the Beatles but together even longer than U2.

I have been very active in this thread stating that the two cannot and should not be compared.

My final final thought.

How beloved and popular are the Beatles you ask?

Well...When thier former lead singer was accussed of BEATING A ONE ARMED WOMEN. He was pretty much left unscathed. Both in the media and the publics generalopinion. Celebritys and the public sided with Paul instantly. Some public figures even came out attacking Heather Mills with no knowledge of what reallyhappened.

How many other celebritys can say that?

One photoshopped picture of a girl standing NEAR Bono in a bikini and the press and public were all over him. Like he was hitting on them, paaalease....Besides I think Bono could do a bit better than two saggy chicks (one with a nose like W.C. Fields) No offense intended to our female readers, i'm saggymyself in a few spots......but lets be honest. Even if Bono is checking her out how do you know he's not turning her away? "Well ladies it'stempting...but i'm married." Anyways he's a rockstar. If he turned them down there would have to be something wrong with him. That's why welove Bono. There is something wrong with him. He's different.

My final thought....Nuff said.