U2 Rose Bowl Super Deluxe Box Set order - NOT HAPPY!!!

tel

• Subscriber
Dear Live Nation/Fanfire/U2.com Customer Service

I think you will find that under Trading Standards and the Consumers Rights in the UK, you are not legally allowed to mislead your customers about the price of goods or make false promises. I understand that the same applies in the US where the Better Business Bureau (BBB) perform a similar function for Consumers. I would suggest that you honour this pre-order for myself and many other disappointed U2 fans or you could have the BBB or Trading Standards Office to answer to, which would probably not be very good advertising for your future business. Any unhappy fans can either file a complaint to their Local Trading Standards Office http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/ifyouareindispute-sum9.cfm or the BBB https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx online.

Kind Regards

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

well you posted with the attitude it is your problem. if your not happy then you have a problem. in a way i agree, once it was advertised for that price, it should be still sold for that price, but also the link on u2.com took you to amazon.co.uk to buy it which led to the price of over £100 at the time.

when this happened, they both took the item off. but if you pre-ordered from amazon, you wouldnt be wanting the original price because its now £93 eh?

• Subscriber

What is not my problem is what price they advertise it for today. What is my problem is that I, and many others placed a pre-order for $40, only to be told that this was being cancelled because Universal (not me) decided afterwards to re-design the release. Not my problem!

Another problem is that I did not post this for someone to try to be clever with a hypothetical situation of how I would react if I had purchased from Amazon.

The fact is that I did not. The whole point of my original post was to try to help myself and any others who feel that they have yet again been let down by bad advertising and customer service.

• Subscriber

the one thing which annoys me more is the fact that we only had an email about it yesterday - and it has been discussed on here since the start of April when the pre-ordering started. Why couldn't they have told us all earlier? I would love them to honour the price we pre-ordred the item for but that will never happen - whs it would but no chace! I just hate how we have been ignored for so long.

Although I do think that if they did honour the pre-order price of $40 they would be at a loss - as it looks like there is a lot more than $40 worth of stuff in that box.

Need to order it through amazon then - It looks amazing.

• Subscriber

the one thing which annoys me more is the fact that we only had an email about it yesterday - and it has been discussed on here since the start of April when the pre-ordering started. Why couldn't they have told us all earlier? I would love them to honour the price we pre-ordred the item for but that will never happen - whs it would but no chace! I just hate how we have been ignored for so long.

Although I do think that if they did honour the pre-order price of $40 they would be at a loss - as it looks like there is a lot more than $40 worth of stuff in that box.

I held off for NLOTH Deluxe box set and picked it up off amazon uk for £20. I'll be doing the same with this one. It's not a limited edition so they'll be plenty of it.

Will pick up the Blu-ray for now and bide my time for the Super Deluxe box set.

• Subscriber

[quote name='agt wrote:

Zhivvy']the one thing which annoys me more is the fact that we only had an email about it yesterday - and it has been discussed on here since the start of April when the pre-ordering started. Why couldn't they have told us all earlier? I would love them to honour the price we pre-ordred the item for but that will never happen - whs it would but no chace! I just hate how we have been ignored for so long.

I held off for NLOTH Deluxe box set and picked it up off amazon uk for £20. I'll be doing the same with this one. It's not a limited edition so they'll be plenty of it.

Will pick up the Blu-ray for now and bide my time for the Super Deluxe box set.

yep thats what i will be doing mate!

you can get those no line boxes cheap now on amazon, look around youll find them!

in about 6-8 months time we should be able to pick these up for at most £40! not need to rush and get it now. im happy with just double disk and blu-ray when i get a blu-ray player.

rock on!