360 Does the Stage rotate?

chew

I have heard so many versions of if the stage rotates or not that I have no idea which is true.  (I know I was crazy busy last year and U2 jumped over us so I wasn't paying close attention.)

So will one of you devoted U2'ers who I have seen at many other shows, give me the lowdown on the stage? 

Thanks.  I am sure this will be the last time I do GA, as long as I make it through this one.  I would hate to go thru that much trouble and pain and be watching their backs the whole night.

Helped build the drum riser and the bridge tracks when they came to my city. The drum riser only turns 180 degrees, during the show, due to the drum loom (the mic cables of Larry's drum kit). The tracks of the bridges come in 1ft parts and is locked together. That's the last part that goes on when they build the stage. That whole are, directly underneath is where the techs work. The 3 monitor engineers are towards the back (underneath the walk way to the stage. One console for Bono, one for The Edge, and a 3rd for the rest of the band - Adam, Larry and Terry Lawless).

On another note, my buddy is the crew chief of the Jonas Brothers tour. They also have a rotating drum riser. Underneath the stage, they play some sort of wheel of fortune game. The bottom part has partitions, which holds the names of the participating crew members. Each night, a crew member wins a prize. I think they also do this on the U2 360 tour. Don't be surprise if they're playing games underneath the stage.

I have heard so many versions of if the stage rotates or not that I have no idea which is true.  (I know I was crazy busy last year and U2 jumped over us so I wasn't paying close attention.)

So will one of you devoted U2'ers who I have seen at many other shows, give me the lowdown on the stage? 

honey, you can make the stage rotate if you want it to....just have several beers, jump and dance and spin in joyous circles, singing your heart out, with throngs of hundreds while willies awesome stage production blows your mind, and u2 takes you to heaven, and I promise the stage will move and you will be elevated!! :)wink.gif