Willie lets a few things slip in Q this month

agt

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

actarus']U2 will use the pyramid as each artist playing during the festival ..

i can't see them coming with their own materials but if they do that ..

it's their business ..

also glastonbury will be broadcast on bbc via webcam on :

enjoy

Mate, every headliner at every huge festival in the world gets to bring their own production.

Muse, Prodigy, Underworld, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead etc etc have all headlined major festivals and at the same time have had incredible stage set ups and production.

It's a given

There will be both bells and whistles.

And you're right, it is their business.

And U2s business is to perform with incredible production.

TOOL have been using their 10,000 days backdrop on their festival headline slots too.

Mate, saw them headline the Sydney Big Day Out with muse in 2008, and they were the dog's bollocks.

Lasers and flames and Jacob's Ladders and shit.

Mind after a handful of pingers, it was doin' my head in so we went and watched the Violent Femmes.....

Don't hate me Mac! I've seen Tool a bunch of times. But you can't dance to Stinkfist and Prison sex after a pile of eccies.

Where as Blister In The Sun front row with 30000 Aussies behind you fitted perfectly! happy.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

actarus']U2 will use the pyramid as each artist playing during the festival ..

i can't see them coming with their own materials but if they do that ..

it's their business ..

also glastonbury will be broadcast on bbc via webcam on :

enjoy

Mate, every headliner at every huge festival in the world gets to bring their own production.

Muse, Prodigy, Underworld, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead etc etc have all headlined major festivals and at the same time have had incredible stage set ups and production.

It's a given

There will be both bells and whistles.

And you're right, it is their business.

And U2s business is to perform with incredible production.

TOOL have been using their 10,000 days backdrop on their festival headline slots too.

Mate, saw them headline the Sydney Big Day Out with muse in 2008, and they were the dog's bollocks.

Lasers and flames and Jacob's Ladders and shit.

Mind after a handful of pingers, it was doin' my head in so we went and watched the Violent Femmes.....

Don't hate me Mac! I've seen Tool a bunch of times. But you can't dance to Stinkfist and Prison sex after a pile of eccies.

Where as Blister In The Sun front row with 30000 Aussies behind you fitted perfectly! happy.gif

• Subscriber

Hey Mac, this was my all-time fav festiaval.

Shore Thing NYE 2008/2009, on Bondi feckin beach!!!!!!!  The stage was just where the sand started and the Pacific Ocean was the backdrop.  They even lit up the beach in various colours.

60000 Sydney-siders rockin out to the all-time greatest techno-trance act on our most famous beach. Best party ever mate!

It was my 30th birthday that night, and my other favourite band in the world Underworld played.

So me, wifey and my best mates danced our asses, partied for my birthday and to bring in the new year.

Underworld played from 11pm-1am and they dropped Born Slippy on the stroke of midnight!!!!

One of the greatest moments in my life( no shit, I rate this right up there) , and on par with the best U2 shows I've seen!

Mac, you would have loved it, wished you could have been there. We would have partied Sydney style! sick.gifsick.gifroll.gifroll.gif

• Subscriber

Hey Mac, this was my all-time fav festiaval.

Shore Thing NYE 2008/2009, on Bondi feckin beach!!!!!!!  The stage was just where the sand started and the Pacific Ocean was the backdrop.  They even lit up the beach in various colours.

60000 Sydney-siders rockin out to the all-time greatest techno-trance act on our most famous beach. Best party ever mate!

It was my 30th birthday that night, and my other favourite band in the world Underworld played.

So me, wifey and my best mates danced our asses, partied for my birthday and to bring in the new year.

Underworld played from 11pm-1am and they dropped Born Slippy on the stroke of midnight!!!!

One of the greatest moments in my life( no shit, I rate this right up there) , and on par with the best U2 shows I've seen!

Mac, you would have loved it, wished you could have been there. We would have partied Sydney style! sick.gifsick.gifroll.gifroll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='kings wrote:

actarus']

they said everywhere that they feel humble to play glastonbury

Maybe U2 could bring their humble arse and humble set to this humble country called Australia indifferent.gif

Bono did state on TV at the time of NLOTH release that the tour would be a good 2-3 possibly even 4 year one. So what makes everyone so sure they won't get down under?

The next leg is only just going into it's second year and if they get a new album out within the next 12 months then the promotion wagon will already be on the go.

Have faith sooner or later they'll get to Oz, they can't afford not to.