It's a beautiful day here how is it where you are?

Anjana

• Subscriber

i remember that! in our community-schools (the ones founded by the government as an alternative to the catholic-schools) you can take the 'catholic-religion-class' or the 'ethics-class'.

i had the ethics (as i'm not catholic at all!) and when the weather was nice we always tried to convince our teacher to let us go into town and interview people bout certain ethical-questions.... teacher often agreed, cause meant he/she could sit on a terrace and have a drink while we wandered around the market-place!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
i remember that! in our community-schools (the ones founded by the government as an alternative to the catholic-schools) you can take the 'catholic-religion-class' or the 'ethics-class'.

i had the ethics (as i'm not catholic at all!) and when the weather was nice we always tried to convince our teacher to let us go into town and interview people bout certain ethical-questions.... teacher often agreed, cause meant he/she could sit on a terrace and have a drink while we wandered around the market-place!

That's what I used to do when I was a teacher in Poland - afternoon lessons consisted of sitting in the town square with coffee and pastries!
  • Subscriber
Glorious day again - although had nothing but kids moaning about it all morning that it is too hot - the same kids who a couple of months ago complained that it was too cold!!

I would prefer to be sitting outside having a nice glass of wine - and I will be in a few hours!!

Don't work too hard in the garden Anj!!!

The little ingrates!!! Not appreciating the sun I've been sending rolleyes.gif
  • Subscriber

I used to find reasons to take them out to the field while I supervised from a lawn chair with an iced tea . . . let's see, one lesson was pretend you are Lewis and Clark and sketch the flora and fauna you discover. That was a good lesson as it involved combining my class with another teacher who happened to be a good friend - made that into a two-day lesson as we felt it was very important that the kids write journal entries while exploring the "wilderness" just to get the whole Lewis and Clark experience thumbsup.gif
  • Subscriber

not fair! why cant i take my patients outside like that?! they could install an outside-shower.... or maybe a hot-tub! i could even join them! and they would be not only very clean, but relaxed too (and so would i!)...

• Subscriber

another beautiful, sunny and warm day! when my colleague picked me up at 6.30am (yes i admit, didnt took the bike today, but i did yesterday!) it was hot enough to leave the house without a jacket, just wearing t-shirt!

• Subscriber
another beautiful, sunny and warm day! when my colleague picked me up at 6.30am (yes i admit, didnt took the bike today, but i did yesterday!) it was hot enough to leave the house without a jacket, just wearing t-shirt!

What just a t-shirt? No underwear? No trousers? Are you allowed to go to work dressed like that?

Archived