Just Been to the Cinema...

BulletTheRedSky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
I want to see Robin Hood - I hear Russell Crowe has a six-pack in it.

Not that I have the hots for Russell Crowe... not that I don't either, but if he can do it, then it gives me some hope I too can work on a six-pack.

I know it is so superficial reasons to want to see a movie...but I am inspired to get into shape after hearing if he can do it, then I can.

So must check out his six-pack.

LOL

I'm taking a girlfriend of mine, we can both have a bit of a laugh about my stupid little ambitions.

The last movie I saw was on pay-tv, it was called Defiance. This was a good movie. Long, but good. It is a true story based on the Bielski brothers during world war 2 they founded a refuge for the Jewish...by the end of the war there were 1200 and they developed a community in the forest for almost 2 years. It is a heavy movie to watch, but good. The two eldest are still alive today.

I also saw the movie A Burning Plain. It was a good movie.

I am booking my tickets to see Sex and The City. I love this series. I am really wanting to know what happens when she bumps into her ex. She should have stayed with him - he was good to her, charming sweet, everything a woman could want....and he was good to her. Big stood her up on her wedding for crying out loud...what the hell is wrong with this woman???? Is it love????

Did anyone else think it was bloody stupid that she still married Big in the end? I don't want to hear the excuses that he didn't want a big wedding and that is why he couldn't go through with it.

Does Big really love her??

Can't stand Big!! I love Chris Noth...and who knows, maybe if I was Carrie, I'd be blinded by his hot looks too... but I just can't understand what the big deal about Big is????

Can't wait for SATC2 - going to see it next week and sooooo excited!!! And the deal with Big? He is her one, warts and all - throughout all six series he was there and he loved her - treated her like shit but not as bad as Alexsander the Russian did - he was awful. And if they had gone through with the big wedding it would have never worked. Carrie was railroaded into the wedding and so was big - it wasn't what either of them wanted but their ideas were crushed by the enormity of it all. And I don't think that he stood her up - he never got the chance to say what he wanted to say so we never will know what he was going to say to her before the big wedding (i think that maybe he would have asked her to run away with him to a quickie wedding).

But it is just a film and i am getting way to carried away lol!!!

Bring out the Cosmos let me slip on my designer heels and i am off to the cinema!

• Subscriber
The Hurt Locker. 6 Oscars??/ Nope, totally cant see that roll.giflaugh.gifgrin.gifeek.gifglasses.gifwink.gif Wasn't totally awful, but stuff like this is the reason I've stopped taking the academy seriously in recent years. 2/5

I can agree with you on this one. While it wasn't a terrible movie, after all the praise and acclaimed it had recieved, I was expecting to see something better.

I'm seeing Nowhere Boy (a movie about John Lenon) later today. Haven't read any reviews or anything, just saw the trailer. I hope it's ok.

• Subscriber

I used the Hurt Locker for one of my class's media work. I thought it was a good film. Not sure about the amount of oscars. I liked how is was more of the characters instead of the normal big explosion glory of war film. I found the characters believable. I am not going to comment whether or not it was true to live as I have never been in a war zone or known anybody in the army in the middle east.

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

BulletTheRedSky']The Hurt Locker. 6 Oscars??/ Nope, totally cant see that
roll.giflaugh.gifgrin.gifeek.gifglasses.gifwink.gif
Wasn't totally awful, but stuff like this is the reason I've stopped taking the academy seriously in recent years. 2/5

I can agree with you on this one. While it wasn't a terrible movie, after all the praise and acclaimed it had recieved, I was expecting to see something better.

I'm seeing Nowhere Boy (a movie about John Lenon) later today. Haven't read any reviews or anything, just saw the trailer. I hope it's ok.

THL is such a freaking overrated movie, it's not even funny. While I'm not one to go OMG AVATAR SHOULD'VE WON, I'll say I liked Avatar a lot more- and NOT for its special effects- I thought the effects were a bonus. What really enthralled me about Avatar was its ability to take a story that's been done before but make it so it deals with issues taking place in the world today, like imperialism, xenophobia, militarism, the useless battle for resources, etc. What did THL teach us? How to fail at stopping a damn bomb from blowing up. I guess my main point was Avatar deals with many of soceity's issues and manages to successfully tie it into the film. THL, while having a good performance from Jeremy Renner and some gorgeous cinematography was just a one trick pony, and was totally forgettable. Also, Avatar has something new for every time you watch it.

I heard NWB was great. Aaron Johnson is a great actor.

• Subscriber

While I don't remember who else besides Hurt Locker and Avartar were nominated for the best picture, but I got the same feeling I got last year - none of the movies was so good it deserved to win. I did not really care who gets Best Picture :/

Yeah 2009 was an appalling year for movies. The writer's strike clearly took its toll. 2010 is turning out to be not much better. Clash of the TItans was just average, Nightmare on Elm Street was boring. Robin Hood poison. Legion poison. MacGruber poison. Wouldn't go see Sex in the City.