Let me tell you about my Gran and backpain

Claire T

It's my Gran's 88th (I think lol) Birthday on the 23rd and she's the best gran that a grandaughter could ask for! We had our ups and down back in 97 when my grandad died but she's cool but do me a favour when you are all sending love out to Bono and his back can you send some to my gran!

My gran has  osteoporosis in her back and has worn down vertebrae which has possably happend due to the fact that where she lives in Stoke on Trent they used to have a lot of china and pottery factories and she had to stand up a lot and also in WW2 she used to stencel smoke bombs (no lie) and being only like 5ft 2 you have to think how things have effected her back over the years.

But this is giving her extreammly bad pain in her legs and there's nothing that can be done to help her apart from keeping her on pain mediciaton which never really helps (she has mophine patches apprently she has to wear 2 lol I tell you she's addicted to pain medication) and she hates it due to the fact around 5 or 6 years ago she could actually move freely and be happy about it. She can still walk but she's in pain all the time but she's to proud to use a stick or anything (what is it with old people eh)

I'm NOT really writing this due to Bono and his back all though I can only sympathise with both my Gran and Bono to think what kinda pain they are or have been in. Backs are very special things when you think about it without them we'd be pools of goo and probbably brain dead or something (Hey it's late and I'm ill and should be in bed lol)

I just wanted to share with you my Gran's birthday so you all better wish her a happy birthday  or i'll find you and steal your U2 tickets if you have them if not I'll steal your taps!

BTW No I never want to get old lol at the moment in my familly it seems to much of a hassle lol long story!

• Subscriber

May your Gran have a very happy birthday, Claire. It sounds like you love her very much. My wish for her is that she gets relief from her pain and is able to fully enjoy her life. smile.gif

• Subscriber

hope you have a wonderfull time with claire and the rest of your family!

and claire; treasure and cherish your gran (like i'm sure you do!) cause i have no grandparents left, and i miss them very much...

btw: is it the durogesic-patch she has? not that that matters, cause from experience i know all the morphine-patches can be raised untill the paitient is almost painfree. but doctors have to pay attention to the unwanted reactions. and if the pain comes from the bone itself , morphine doesnt help much. every case is different, thats for sure...

hope you have a wonderfull time with claire and the rest of your family!

and claire; treasure and cherish your gran (like i'm sure you do!) cause i have no grandparents left, and i miss them very much...

btw: is it the durogesic-patch she has? not that that matters, cause from experience i know all the morphine-patches can be raised untill the paitient is almost painfree. but doctors have to pay attention to the unwanted reactions. and if the pain comes from the bone itself , morphine doesnt help much. every case is different, thats for sure...

she's on morphine patches but she had a 10 on today and she said it didn't feel right made her itch so going back on 5  but she also takes a whole load of other things for pain and other problems i'm sure she'd rattle and yes not sure she'd actually get rid of the pain just manage it to the best she can!

oh and thanks everyone laugh.gif