American Idol - Lee Performed Beautiful Day

PattiU2

• Subscriber

Did anyone catch Lee singing "Beautiful Day" on Amercian Idol tonight?  If so, what did you think?  Did he murder it?  I cringed.  Like one of the judges said, he had good parts and bad parts.  I really like Lee, but not sure he can take on such a big U2 song.  He also sang "Everybody Hurts" and I think he did great on that one (REM is my other musical obsession).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also did Hallelujah, big NOOOOOOOOOO! He's from a town right by me and he performed at a big horse race track last week here for his 'homecoming' and my niece met him. My brother text me a picture of him from the race track and I didn't know who he was. I hate AI!!

• Subscriber

I kinda also hate AI, but something makes me watch it . . . guess it's my guilty pleasure though I'm not sure why. I've liked Lee and I thought he did okay with Hallelujah. I haven't heard last night's show - taped it and will watch it later today.

Thing is, I am a singer myself. For me it ain't that hard, I've done karaoke to it and I can understand how some would find it hard depending on there range, but maybe it's because my range has grown after years of stretching my voice, and also being in productions that have had me go beyond my range. Not trying to brag or anything, I'm just saying people should sing according to their range.

I was watching it too, good to know im not the only one who "cringed" lol. And Lee's my favorite! i want him to win, but then again, I don't want to hear his version on the radio. too big of a song for him, I like the way Bono sings it wayyy better! lol