American Idol - Lee Performed Beautiful Day

PattiU2

I'm a "Lee lover" lol but I have major issues with his version of Beautiful Day! haha

it was no bueno. (I had to go to youtube and watch Bono perform the song after watching AI tonight to get the horrible rendition out of my head. lol) I still can't believe U2 let AI use this song, its basically a U2 anthem! sadly, its been ruined. lol but since Lee won, this means Crystal will most likely be more famous!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
I'm a "Lee lover" lol but I have major issues with his version of Beautiful Day! haha

it was no bueno. I still can't believe U2 let AI use this song, its basically a U2 anthem! sadly, its been ruined. lol but since Lee won, this means Crystal will most likely be more famous!

I really liked Crystal too.  The show seems to have lost some of its charm though, don't you agree?

i think lee won because the power of teenage girls lol. just look at Bieber for instance!

(im a teen but still...i refuse to vote like one when it comes to american idol. lol go crystal! well...i liked them both.. ) lol

• Subscriber

[quote name='u2jackie wrote:

PattiU2']I guess its gotten a bit old and lost its appeal. I wasn't glued to the TV for every episode like in the past seasons.

yeah im kind of excited to see what simon does with x-factor here in america!

Yes me too.  I love Simon, can't wait to see him again!

• Subscriber

Strange...listening to it (and omitting the whole U2 thing) I thought he sounded like Morten Harket the singer of a-ha (think "The Sun always shines on t.v).

I'm not too sure why people attempt it (like attempting Michael Jackson) --> It just doesn't work.

I don't watch AI so I don't know if he gets to chose songs or production impose songs on them. If he did not chose it, fair play to him for giving it a shot (and a miss...) he did a better job mind than me in my shower embarassed.gif

• Subscriber

^lol

I don't know if he chose beautiful day either. but you're certainly right, why do people attempt it when it doesn't work and never will!? lol

A choir of 80 thousand U2 fanatics in Dublin make a decent attempt however. Maybe they should invite all 80 thousand to AI happy.gif