American Idol - Lee Performed Beautiful Day

PattiU2

• Subscriber

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

u2jackie']^lol

I don't know if he chose beautiful day either. but you're certainly right, why do people attempt it when it doesn't work and never will!? lol

A choir of 80 thousand U2 fanatics in Dublin make a decent attempt however. Maybe they should invite all 80 thousand to AI happy.gif

We could release our own single!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Adam Lambert sang ONE last year...wasn't too bad....but he had alot more talent than this guy has.

In my opinion, think the whole voting thing is a hoax. I think The producers have in muind who they want to win...and they win. I mean it was obvious from the outset that crystal bowersox had the most talent out of everyone.....

not that it maters..she'll do well...and lee eventuallty fall into obscurity. It was brutal to have to hear him sing beautiful day again...this time crying.....

• Subscriber

Must admit me and hubsy are Idolites! I liked Adam Lambert but didn't really enjoy his version of "One" it made me cringe.  Surprised Lee took on Beautiful Day (must admit I said "oh no" with dread), it wasn't too bad really, as Randy would say it was 'just alright with me, a bit pitchy in places'! He just didn't have the umph for it. I think only U2 can do that song justice, Bonobaby is just so 'in' the spirit of the song if that makes sense! So it's best left alone methinks.

Think Mamasox will win, she has been good throughout and her talent seems effortless, a joy to watch and I always looked forward to what she was going to sing.

We don't get the results in UK til tonight - is it the same across the waters?

I was going back and forth between the Orlando/Boston basketball game but I did catch the very end and the announcement of Lee winning. I think he was overcome with emotion trying to sing Beautiful Day which is why it sounded a little off. He was obviously freaking and shook up. I think he will cover it great but was just too emotional to pull it off.

• Subscriber

and didnt like it much... its like he's on automatic pilot.

we had our belgian idol-shows too, but the winner always got to bring out his own song, not a cover....

and like spicy says, the runner up will eventually turn out more succesful, its like that over here too! the winner ends up performing at carnavals and fairgrounds for a few months....and disappears, and yes its always the young guy that wins, cause of all the teenage girls voting....sigh....

• Subscriber

we had u2-covers done a few times by the contestants and never really appreciated them...either to loud, to soft, to rough, to plain... never ever like b-man and the guys can do themeyes.gif

they should just leave them! and find something else to sing! but i think other bands/artists fans think exactly the same...so lets just forget bout the whole concept!

• Subscriber
I don't know why people do it i mean most idol and xfactor contestants get nowhere anyway
No most don't really do they? The only CD I have bought of an Idol contestant is Kelly Clarkson and she was the last person I saw in concert (ok start bashing me I can handle it, lol).  I do enjoy Chris Daughtry and Adam Lambert, but never bought their CDs.  I guess Carrie Underwood is the most successful American Idol winner, but country music is not my thing.

In Canada there was an Idol contestant named Jacob Hoggart (sp) who was brilliant and finished 3rd I believe.  He is part of a band named Hedley that is very successful in Canada and very popular among the younger girls.

• Subscriber

I love that they chose a U2 song, but sadly it wasn't done well enough.  As I recall, some Christian band remade Beautiful Day a couple of years ago.  It, too, wasn't nearly as good as U2's version (duh!) but it was better than the AI version I just saw.  It seemed to have fallen flat; felt more whiny than powerful.  Oh well. 

I don't know what you see in him that resembles Morten Harket!  I was a big A-Ha fan (when I was in junior high) and even have a couple of their songs on my ipod, but Harket's voice is crystal clear and quite high!  Plus, he has an amazing range.  This AI guy sounds much deeper and more gravely to me. 

It seems to me that America always roots for the underdog, and that is why the 2nd best singer is the winner and the best singer is always the runner up!  (Not ALWAYS, but I can think of several!)  It started with Ruben vs. Clay Aiken, I don't remember the other seasons in between but David Archuletta was better than David what's-his-name who won a couple of seasons ago.  Adam Lambert (although not my style of voice) was pretty well loved yet Kris Allen won last year.  So, we root for the underdog and end up with two winners...really.  If that 2nd best person didn't win, they wouldn't likely get a record deal.  The best singer, who comes in 2nd place, will ALWAYS get picked up!

I've watched almost all the seasons of AI, but this year...I couldn't get past the 1st show with all 24 contestants.  I think Glee and Lost took precident this time. 

H