American Idol - Lee Performed Beautiful Day

PattiU2

Yeah and it sucked. I hate AMerican Idol, I've always hated American Idol, AI is one of the major causes of hte death of music, its all prepackaged corporate bullshit, you want sellout? American Idol is sellout.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I don't know what you see in him that resembles Morten Harket!  I was a big A-Ha fan (when I was in junior high) and even have a couple of their songs on my ipod, but Harket's voice is crystal clear and quite high!  Plus, he has an amazing range.  This AI guy sounds much deeper and more gravely to me. 

Fair enough (and I'm sorry to have offended a true a-ha fan lol). I didn't just spurt it out however, it took me ages to figure out who it reminded me of. I agree Harket has a better voice but you have to admit his voice on 'the sun always shines on t.v' is not the best as compared to other tracks.

Listen to both of them and get back to me!

The sun always shines on tv

My point was of course it's a shite cover of the B-man!

• Subscriber

I tried to watch video of Lee's cover of Beautiful Day, and I couldn't make it through. It was awful. It was painful to hear. I was talking to someone at work about it; and I said that he butchered it with a dull knife it was so bad. U2 songs should be left to U2 to perform because no one else can do the songs justice.

• Subscriber

I had several disagreements with people, none of them U2 fans I might add, and said Lee sounded great on BD and if he did sound a little off it was due to nervousness. Non U2 fans just don't get it!!!

BTW, A-ha was the first ever concert I went to at Expo 86 in Vancouver!

• Subscriber

I had several disagreements with people, none of them U2 fans I might add, and said Lee sounded great on BD and if he did sound a little off it was due to nervousness. Non U2 fans just don't get it!!!

BTW, A-ha was the first ever concert I went to at Expo 86 in Vancouver!

I fess I went to 2! one when I was 17 and had a major league crush on the Harketman and again when I was old enough to know better!  I just loved the clarity of his voice, an incredible vocal range, he is a very gifted singer