Expanding the 360 Tour!

u2jackie

Good news for people living in Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Asia...and other places!:

(by the way, I don't know if this is a rumor or not!)

ok wait...i think this is a rumor lol

"We have confirmation that the producer Live Nation initiated contacts with local producers to expand U2360 ° Tour, not only in Chile but also in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States U.S. and Canada.

The program for months, continents and countries is as follows:
First half of February: Japan and South Korea (Asia)
Late February in Australia and New Zealand (Oceania)
March: Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru (South America)
April-May: Mexico, USA, Canada (North America)

In South America were contacted technical data, capacity, guidance and feasibility for the following stages, in order to be assessed by the local producers who work with Live Nation (T4F) and thus to be leased during the month of March 2011:

- Estadio Monumental de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- National Stadium in Lima, Peru.

The contacts and contract signings will be held in the coming months, following confirmation on U2.com, as well as rescheduled dates for the United States and Canada that would be from April 2011.

More soon."
U2Chile.net | El Portal Oficial de U2 en Chile - LIVE NATION INICI� CONTACTOS PARA AMPLIAR GIRA EN 2011

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell a really good show/tour coming our way on the backside of this new leg. Most of these crowds really participate and rev up the band with the call and response. With all of that, and all of the pent up music awaiting release (and hype) they will be on fire for the US leg. Since I saw them last fall, it's well worth the wait.

Hey world, "here's to all my friends!" (barfly reference)

• Subscriber

I don't know, I don't know... as much as I'd like to believe this, I remember all the rumours from the last year. They were also supposadly (sp?) from "credible sources". I won't believe until I see something on U2.com...

I don't know, I don't know... as much as I'd like to believe this, I remember all the rumours from the last year. They were also supposadly (sp?) from "credible sources". I won't believe until I see something on U2.com...

yeah I wouldn't believe this %100 right now. atu2.com is reporting that they got confirmation that Live Nation "has begun contacting U.S. stadiums about rescheduling and adding dates in new cities in 2011."

as for the other places, I'm not sure

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

basher1']Belive nothing....everything is a lie......

beLIEve

Exactly Kris...

i mean come on they have just cancelled a shit load of shows and some fud's are already rumourmongering on others already they want to get a grip on themselves.

• Subscriber

I always thought that they would add South America, Australia, etc. after N.America/Europe, so that makes sense. I guess we will find out when we find out, lol, but that would be welcome news for many and I can't wait to find out for sure when they will return to North America! Guess we'll have to be patient . . . .

• Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

be
LIE
ve

Exactly Kris...

i mean come on they have just cancelled a shit load of shows and some fud's are already rumourmongering on others already they want to get a grip on themselves.

the last i read is that u2 couldnt afford to take 360 to these places. if they have postponed the shows u2 are already losing money as the tour hasnt even broke even yet, so cant see how they can put on 360.

if it were another tour then possibly..........................

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

be
LIE
ve

Exactly Kris...

the last i read is that u2 couldnt afford to take 360 to these places. if they have postponed the shows u2 are already losing money as the tour hasnt even broke even yet, so cant see how they can put on 360.

if it were another tour then possibly..........................

I thought they were counting on the income produced from N.America and Europe to then expand the tour . . . possibly Europe will carry it now?