North America dates/new material/360 (part2)

actarus

• Subscriber

The live at the  rose bowl is on its way but i can do without it
The postponed North America dates will be rescheduled and surprises may appear on the horizon 
U2 get ready to debut new material when the tour restart

Obviously U2 was going to blow us all with new material, they know how to keep a secret ;)
what can be this new material ?

• Subscriber

I think they'll be the songs that will, hopefully, eventually find their room on "Songs of Ascent". Kind of like Zooropa was released mid-tour, but this time without released album, but only the songs live.

Now, if they do this, it would be cool to have "Songs of Ascent" as a double album - 1st CD of it studio version, but 2nd CD - songs from NLOTH and CD1 being performed live.

more likely EBTRT, Kindgom, Every Breaking Wave, Spiderman darkness, Glastonbury, Acrobat and other songs mentioned as being rehearsed, etc. I'd more likely expect a short LP/EP half live and half new stuff.

• Subscriber

yeah i agree, i think the original idea for SOA is out (un used No Line) i mean some stuff will probably make it kingdom, every breaking wave and what i guess is a third version of Winter. but they semm to have just been doing a ton of song writing and they seem really excited about it so i could see it being a lot of stuff that wasn't even around when NLOTH was finished. and i think they may release one or two of the new songs live, but that would really only be as a single. they'll release anything new they play live as a studio recording eventually.

but Edge says some of these songs haven't even been recorded yet. So new album by end of year (increasingly likely??) No. not at all

but i would be surprised to see something out by the time it gets started in 2011.

(and thats what was supposed to happen this year before the tour)

Those Salt Lake City tickets didn't sell well...I week before Bono hurt himself, I went to the ticket site and I could have basically gotten any "seat" i wanted....GA's were not there though....

Sales were very soft for that market....They may re-think Salt Lake City as its more expensive to fly into then other cities....

I think San Diego would be a great replacement.....

• Subscriber

which idea they got with Salt Lake City really ??

first they disapointed too many fans particulary the californians .. they replaced the opening tour for a city who didn't know them for the most .. that is the worst greedy act they have done recently and i don't think about the dvd stuff of course .. hope they will change this policy

anyway ..