Questions About Christianity

Kristaps

• Subscriber

Basically, my friend and I were talking today and through the conversation a few questions about Christianity and God arose. Since the conversation wasn’t particularly serious, the questions are neither such. In fact, I’m sure Christians may find some/many/all of them trivial. Nonetheless, I’d like to hear your replies.

1. What was God doing before the creation?

2. Where did God come from in the first place?

3. Why did he create everything right then and not a thousand year sooner or 5000 years later?

4. Why does everyone believe that God has a beard, that he was a man (as in “maleâ€, not “humanâ€) and why do people think he looks like a man?

5. Why does everyone believe that one the tree with the snake (sorry, I don’t know how the tree is called in English) had apples growing on it? Maybe they were bananas?

6. Why is Holy Spirit represented by a dove?

7. Why wasn’t meat and guitar created simultaneously?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

1; The bible does not state what he was doing before..

2;God is the alpha and the omega but he has always existed. Revelation 1;8

3; He wanted to, just like when you decide to have breakfast or kids

4;beard is just peoples imagination

5;The fruit is not proven to be an apple it could be any fruit

6; this question is a good one but the holy spirit had to be seen to be believed Jesus is the son God , not sure why a dove

7; Meat was created just not eaten , the rest was left to our imagination to make and do.

Hope that helped..
;o)

• Subscriber

1; The bible does not state what he was doing before..

2;God is the alpha and the omega but he has always existed. Revelation 1;8

3; He wanted to, just like when you decide to have breakfast or kids

4;beard is just peoples imagination

5;The fruit is not proven to be an apple it could be any fruit

6; this question is a good one but the holy spirit had to be seen to be believed Jesus is the son God , not sure why a dove

7; Meat was created just not eaten , the rest was left to our imagination to make and do.

Hope that helped..

;o)

Thanks! Now the picture is a bit clearer. I asked these same questions to my sister, and on most of the questions she gave the same answers. 

But we still wonder what he did before the creation. lol

WARNING:  This is deep. Very deep.

1. What was God doing before the creation? 
Time is defined as a relationship between one event and another in terms of past, present and future.  The first verse in the bible says:  In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.  That means both heaven and earth were created "In the beginning" of time. Prior to "in the beginning" there were no events to draw a relationship with, therefore God is outside the realms of time.  What he was doing is irrelevant because you are asking for an event so as to draw a relationship between his time and ours and there is no relationship between the two.

2. Where did God come from in the first place?
As explained in the previous question, he is outside the realms of time,  out of the realms of eventualities.  As mentioned by another, he is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  Where He came from and where He is going is incomprehensible to those who need to draw relationships in terms of past, present and future.

3. Why did he create everything right then and not a thousand year sooner or 5000 years later?
Why did you write this just now and not write it tomorrow, or 15 minutes earlier, or not at all?  You are trying to draw a relationship between his prior existence and "in the beginning".  As mentioned previously, there is no relationship so the question is redundant and has less of an answer than the question I asked in response.

4. Why does everyone believe that God has a beard, that he was a man (as in “maleâ€, not “humanâ€) and why do people think he looks like a man?
The bible says that Man was made in the likeness of God.  I don't think the bible meant that we look like him.  I think it was in reference to his qualities.  Nonetheless, humanity in times gone passed, when razors weren't readily available, portrayed God like themselves - having a beard. It kind of stuck.  Also, the bible describes God as being male.  But that could be due to the fact that the bible was written by men.  In any case, I don't think he has a penis.

5. Why does everyone believe that one the tree with the snake (sorry, I don’t know how the tree is called in English) had apples growing on it? Maybe they were bananas?
Insightful.  The bible doesn't refer to them as apples.  It doesn't tell us what fruit was in the tree.  Obviously it didn't matter.  But I think the reference to apples originally came from Jewish tradition.

6. Why is Holy Spirit represented by a dove? 
The use of the Dove is probably because of how it takes care of it's young.  It tenderly and lovingly tends to it's young.  God is described as the meaning of love - then his Holy Spirit is also like a Dove - tender and loving.

7. Why wasn’t meat and guitar created simultaneously? 
This is one of those questions that will go to the grave with us!

• Subscriber
Basically, my friend and I were talking today and through the conversation a few questions about Christianity and God arose. Since the conversation wasn’t particularly serious, the questions are neither such. In fact, I’m sure Christians may find some/many/all of them trivial. Nonetheless, I’d like to hear your replies.

1. What was God doing before the creation? Just hanging around!

2. Where did God come from in the first place? Wish I knew.

3. Why did he create everything right then and not a thousand year sooner or 5000 years later? To quote, "The Byrds" To everything there is a season And a time to every purpose, under Heaven.

4. Why does everyone believe that God has a beard, that he was a man (as in “maleâ€, not “humanâ€) and why do people think he looks like a man? Because according to the bible we were created in his image, so we had no choice but to mirror him. So, he had no choice to have a beard. lol

5. Why does everyone believe that one the tree with the snake (sorry, I don’t know how the tree is called in English) had apples growing on it? Maybe they were bananas? I think they were avocados!

6. Why is Holy Spirit represented by a dove? Because it's easy to draw.

7. Why wasn’t meat and guitar created simultaneously? Because God needed man's undivided attention with no distractions!

1. God was alone in the beginning, he first created the angels and revealed his plan to them first.

2. He is Alpha and Omega, the first and last, the beginning and the end, infinite.

3. He set in motion his desire for humanity, began to create the universe's content, then, satan was not happy with his love for us, giving us too much power, even to choose from heaven and earth, between him and the devil, satan launched an attack, claiming god loved us more than him, with 1/3 of angels going with him; once he learn of God's desire and love for us, destroyed almost everything which was in motion already in the universe. When we multiply ourselves, we glorify God thru this act as he is made in our image, world without end, amen. We are born, we receive life, we, pass, like a flower in garden, we are removed, replace with another flower, we go to glorify God again, this makes it, world without end. God multiplies himself, thereby, we are glorifying him. Sadness touches my heart at the though that God was alone before he created us, humanity has failed him miserably thru sin. I also believe there is a time under and in  heaven for everything. God is Pure Love Energy. The Saint that wrestle with an the Angel, he has shoulder long white hair and a white beard. He laid in bed with me when I was 9 months pregnant from my only daughter Lili. I clearly saw him. I was alone, feeling exhausted at home, on that day, I felt sad and lonely and unable to walk too far, I went to my bed, a water bed my father bought for me, and as I laid down he came and laid next to me. He came so I would not be alone on the last hours of my pregnancy, 3 days before my Lili came to the world. He is in the bible wresttling with an angel. The angel, he wanted to bless him.

4. The snake was satan, who blinded Eve. She was blinded so as to not see him spiritually. Apples are what we are told, but whatever it was, satan used it to seduce Eve to betray her covenant with God. This is what satan does today, he blinds everybody with things such as "money", he blinds you when you go nuts looking for something in front of your eyes but you can't see, he blinds people with vanities of this world, satan is evil, he has his followers & demons holding important positions all over the world, destroying everything in his path. We should all live the truth, speak the truth, be ONE with God in the spirit. Making God our first priority in our existence, not the last priority as it is for many. Men, women, children, we should surrender our wills to God, trusting him with our hearts and soul.

5. PEACE, GOD IS PEACE, that is why it is always eluding us, like not with us, and we should be always asking for peace, when there is no peace, God is not near us. We should then invoke peace, invoke God.

7. SKIP 7