Kristaps

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
wow, too late and too serious for me.....eek.gifwink.gif

loved you're attempt lawoman!

I try! And Rosa, why did you skip #7 and what happened to #6!? I was waiting to hear what you thought about guitars and meat. Guitars are important, they play a significant role in the life of Edge and Bono and the whole band, they certainly have a part in the creation of U2 and it's importance. Without guitars there would be no U2.  I will be waiting to  hear your thoughts on guitars and meat. There is no skipping when it comes to the Prince, you must search your heart and reveal.

tired.gif

• Subscriber

WARNING:  This is deep. Very deep.

1. What was God doing before the creation? 
Time is defined as a relationship between one event and another in terms of past, present and future.  The first verse in the bible says:  In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.  That means both heaven and earth were created "In the beginning" of time. Prior to "in the beginning" there were no events to draw a relationship with, therefore God is outside the realms of time.  What he was doing is irrelevant because you are asking for an event so as to draw a relationship between his time and ours and there is no relationship between the two.

2. Where did God come from in the first place?
As explained in the previous question, he is outside the realms of time,  out of the realms of eventualities.  As mentioned by another, he is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  Where He came from and where He is going is incomprehensible to those who need to draw relationships in terms of past, present and future.

3. Why did he create everything right then and not a thousand year sooner or 5000 years later?
Why did you write this just now and not write it tomorrow, or 15 minutes earlier, or not at all?  You are trying to draw a relationship between his prior existence and "in the beginning".  As mentioned previously, there is no relationship so the question is redundant and has less of an answer than the question I asked in response.

4. Why does everyone believe that God has a beard, that he was a man (as in “maleâ€, not “humanâ€) and why do people think he looks like a man?
The bible says that Man was made in the likeness of God.  I don't think the bible meant that we look like him.  I think it was in reference to his qualities.  Nonetheless, humanity in times gone passed, when razors weren't readily available, portrayed God like themselves - having a beard. It kind of stuck.  Also, the bible describes God as being male.  But that could be due to the fact that the bible was written by men.  In any case, I don't think he has a penis.

5. Why does everyone believe that one the tree with the snake (sorry, I don’t know how the tree is called in English) had apples growing on it? Maybe they were bananas?
Insightful.  The bible doesn't refer to them as apples.  It doesn't tell us what fruit was in the tree.  Obviously it didn't matter.  But I think the reference to apples originally came from Jewish tradition.

6. Why is Holy Spirit represented by a dove? 
The use of the Dove is probably because of how it takes care of it's young.  It tenderly and lovingly tends to it's young.  God is described as the meaning of love - then his Holy Spirit is also like a Dove - tender and loving.

7. Why wasn’t meat and guitar created simultaneously? 
This is one of those questions that will go to the grave with us!

Wow... Thanks for the insightful answer! And #4 - LOL roll.gif

• Subscriber

WARNING:  This is deep. Very deep.

Time is defined as a relationship between one event and another in terms of past, present and future.  The first verse in the bible says:  In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.  That means both heaven and earth were created "In the beginning" of time. Prior to "in the beginning" there were no events to draw a relationship with, therefore God is outside the realms of time.  What he was doing is irrelevant because you are asking for an event so as to draw a relationship between his time and ours and there is no relationship between the two.

As explained in the previous question, he is outside the realms of time,  out of the realms of eventualities.  As mentioned by another, he is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  Where He came from and where He is going is incomprehensible to those who need to draw relationships in terms of past, present and future.

3. Why did he create everything right then and not a thousand year sooner or 5000 years later?
Why did you write this just now and not write it tomorrow, or 15 minutes earlier, or not at all?  You are trying to draw a relationship between his prior existence and "in the beginning".  As mentioned previously, there is no relationship so the question is redundant and has less of an answer than the question I asked in response.

4. Why does everyone believe that God has a beard, that he was a man (as in “maleâ€, not “humanâ€) and why do people think he looks like a man?
The bible says that Man was made in the likeness of God.  I don't think the bible meant that we look like him.  I think it was in reference to his qualities.  Nonetheless, humanity in times gone passed, when razors weren't readily available, portrayed God like themselves - having a beard. It kind of stuck.  Also, the bible describes God as being male.  But that could be due to the fact that the bible was written by men.  In any case, I don't think he has a penis.

5. Why does everyone believe that one the tree with the snake (sorry, I don’t know how the tree is called in English) had apples growing on it? Maybe they were bananas?
Insightful.  The bible doesn't refer to them as apples.  It doesn't tell us what fruit was in the tree.  Obviously it didn't matter.  But I think the reference to apples originally came from Jewish tradition.

The use of the Dove is probably because of how it takes care of it's young.  It tenderly and lovingly tends to it's young.  God is described as the meaning of love - then his Holy Spirit is also like a Dove - tender and loving.

This is one of those questions that will go to the grave with us!

Wow... Thanks for the insightful answer! And #4 - LOL roll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

Kristaps']

Just hanging around!

This is what my sister replied to me on this question. She was like "Well, God is the trinity of Jesus, Holy Spirit and God, so before that they were just all hanging around". :D

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

Kristaps']

Just hanging around!

This is what my sister replied to me on this question. She was like "Well, God is the trinity of Jesus, Holy Spirit and God, so before that they were just all hanging around". :DLOL!!

Which creation are you talking about? Us, or his angels? Are there any other life-forms we maybe do not know about? 

This is the question everyone asks...I think that God exists outside of space and time - he created space and time - or are they man-made concepts? Is God a man-made concept? I don't believe that. I always ask myself the question that there is something greater than just matter - the little atoms and particles that make up atoms, the sub-particles and the driving forces between them...what is this driving force? If there is nothing...if it is all nothing...where did the nothingness come from? Matter does not create matter - something created matter...and that is God.

I like Mummy's answer to this one.

Well...I think it has something to do with Adam being created in Gods image. Then God created Eve from Adam's rib ...to keep him company. And they made their own creations after that. Following the bible...you have man and woman...and man was created in God's image. I do not think that God being perceived as a man is something chauvenistic made up by the people back in the day and the men who wrote the Bible.

Or is it chauvenistic? Is the whole part about God creating Adam and then woman coming from man's rib - is that whole story chauvenistic...something the men who wrote the bible influenced as they were chauvenists????

I think the bible is full of metaphors and symbols. This is all it is. Work out the metaphors for yourself.

Dove is another metaphor.

I don't know. Weren't people all vegetarians back in the biblical days? I imagine way back that all animals and humans co-existed in harmony...there was no death...there was no murdering animals for a food source?

I hope that what I have written has not offended anybody. I have just as many questions as you Kristaps.

• Subscriber

4. Since 1989, when I did my second pilgrimage, I discovered the feminine face of God. But for most religions, God is a man.

I believe that God has a masculina and a feminine face, rigor and compassion.

Paulo Coelho

• Subscriber

"everyone knows this. god wanted to play guitar and set himself on being an axe player because it got the ladies round ya"

"everyone knows this. his mother. irine.

"everyone knows this, he has just turned 50! maybe you should ask him yourself!

"everyone knows this, post popmart he had a beard. scruffy one at that! soon shaved it off to reveal his feminie side!"

"everyone knows this. the only tree in the desert was on the cover for their biggest selling album. bananas? that wasnt until popmart, then they replaced the banana for a lemon"

"everyone knows this! didnt you see him release the doves on live8? although one nearly shit on him, it was still an act of an angel!"

"everyone knows this, you cant play a piece of meat! nor can you eat a guitar! just ask god's right hand man, he will sure tell ya!"