Article on type of back injury Bono had and prognosis

surrenders

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I can't understand the purpose of this thread, the doctor said 8 weeks at minimum, didn't you read it?

Medicine is not maths, every case is different and depends on many circunstances, the best one to know is the doctor who is treating the patient.

• Subscriber

Wouldnt it be good if rock star bono wasnt bono but just Paul who isnt a rock star and doesnt have to answer to all the fans and can take all the time in the world to have his back mend..at least a couple of years no pressure..

• Subscriber

it's something clear. If Bono is not ready They won't let him back on tour and we all agree about that because it's common sense ..

now if they have planed to play in Europe it 's because they probably can

I honestly thought it would take at least minimum 4 months up to 6. Yeah, he will be able to get around, etc. but all the traveling, performing, etc. he will end up reinjuring it unless he takes some serious time to recover. Plus he would just be spinning on pain pills (which will just mask the pain and cause more more damage plus he will feel like superman and think he can do anything). He literally is going to have to be kept down cuz knowing Bono he will overdo it, trying to push a 6 week recovery. It would be horrific if he came back too soon and put himself in traction. It's gonna take some time for sure. With all the years of surfing I have seen some horrific back injuries (nothng like getting crushed by huge waves) and 6 weeks just seemed too soon.

• Subscriber

If the surgery was successful, and it seems to have been, he won't have need of pain pills. My husband had the same type of problem and surgery and the pain is immediately alleviated as the disc not longer squeezing the nerve. My husband started physical therapy within 1 1/2 weeks and back to work and full activities in 8 weeks. Of course, my husband's work is nowhere near as physical as what Bono does. Anyway, absolutely no need of pain meds which is good news!!!

I can't understand the purpose of this thread, the doctor said 8 weeks at minimum, didn't you read it?

Medicine is not maths, every case is different and depends on many circunstances, the best one to know is the doctor who is treating the patient.

The purpose of this thread was a little insight into his recovery.  Medicine and injuries are not an exact science, each case is different is right.  That's why I posted it, nothing is certain right now, that bothers you?  I just hope he doesn't try and push it and takes whatever time is necessary to heal 100%.  IMHO they should scratch the whole tour until next year.  If Bono's completely recovered, they could tour in the southern hemisphere, OZ/NZ, etc. during the winter in the northern hemisphere this year.

• Subscriber

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

mariacm']I can't understand the purpose of this thread, the doctor said 8 weeks at minimum, didn't you read it?

The purpose of this thread was a little insight into his recovery.  Medicine and injuries are not an exact science, each case is different is right.  That's why I posted it, nothing is certain right now, that bothers you?  I just hope he doesn't try and push it and takes whatever time is necessary to heal 100%.  IMHO they should scratch the whole tour until next year.  If Bono's completely recovered, they could tour in the southern hemisphere, OZ/NZ, etc. during the winter in the northern hemisphere this year.

Just ten days after the surgery it's the third or fourth thread I read predicting a longer period of recovering or doubting it, that's what bothers me, why can't we just leave him alone to recover and to be calm? 

I don't think the purpose of the article you quoted is to give a "little insight" into his recovery, also I don't think we are entitled to get a "little insight" into his recovery unless it is Bono who wants to tell about it and I hate especulating on other people's health, I find it most unrespectful.