Artificial Life is Created ...What are your thoughts?

voxxiegirl

Okay, so a friend of mine had this link on her facebook page. I didn't see it until today - sorry if this old news to some people.

This is blowing my mind. What are the philosophical implications of this research?

Have a read of this story...and if you are interested, let the discussion begin :)

Breakthrough in Science

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

saw it on the news last week... things like this usually gives me shivres... men trying to be god.

don say its bad, but what will be next? and what if technology and knowledge gets used by the wrong people?

like i said... don feel to comfortable with this...

• Subscriber

Synthetic bacteria that could be used to clean up the atmosphere or escape and become a terrorist weapon?????? YIKES!!!!!! Count me among those not comfortable with this

A number questions:

If the bacteria can be used to clean up pollution, can a similar bacteria be created to poison life?

If it can create energy, does that mean it has the potential of creating lethal energy?

If the microbe escaped the lab and mixed with life, what are the potential detrimental effects?

What sort of weapons could it be used for?

How can such a science be regulated in such a way that it doesn't get into the wrong hands?

My questions worry me.