Are you happy , where your at.....

I am happy, very happy indeed, got everything I need, even more, as a matter of fact I'm surprised I got this far, but I wouldn't change the bad experiences for anything, without them I wouldn't know what happiness is or appreciate it the way I do now.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name=PiChU]I am happy, very happy indeed, got everything I need, even more, as a matter of fact I'm surprised I got this far, but I wouldn't change the bad experiences for anything, without them I wouldn't know what happiness is or appreciate it the way I do now.

now, that was my philosophic question' you know, the 3 things  to ask for williams? didnt post them, cause had to much difficulties to express them right. but this was my phylosopic one...

is it true, cause i read it somewhere, we need to go through bad experience, sadness to really be able to enjoy and apreciate the good things? in able to be happy you need to be unhappy sometimes too? 

why i ask is, i was connected with religion who studies bible and believe that one day, we will live a paradise-earth, no sadness, no pain or death, only happiness. and they said if adam & eve hadnt disobeyd god, it would have always been that way.

but if it always had been this way, and we all were born in such a wonderfull world, would we realise our luck? would we take it for granted, and never be able to really be happy, cause we didnt know how to be unhappy?

what do you guys think? i 've thought bout this for long and maybe its true... but on the other hand, some would still get lucky and have a good life without to much frustration, that would mean we need people round us to suffer, just so we can be happy? isn't that selfish?

is it true, cause i read it somewhere, we need to go through bad experience, sadness to really be able to enjoy and apreciate the good things?

I'm not too sure I agree with this, but I have heard this sort of philosophy before.

I'm really not sure I agree with this.

I think it is just people trying to justify the suffering in life.

It is like in As Good As It Gets... the noodle salad scene... It is not true that everyone has these sad stories...some people have great stories...on boats eating noodle salad...good times, noodle salad. Just nobody in this car.

That is my favourite scene in that movie.

I went and got a McDonald's the other day.  That Texas burger they have got going on is just amazing.  It would make even the saddest of burger fans happy!  If you are not a burger fan, or if you are a vegetarian, imagine tossed salad with the crunchiest of lettuce mixed with the most divine fruits and vegetables blended together in a delicious sauce to provide the most amazing flavours that would tantalize any palate.  Well, that's what the Texas Burger did for me.

Furthermore, I finished my exams yesterday.  Delighted about that.  My brain can rest for another year.

Also yesterday, I made an ex-business partner happy by updating his website to include videos and testimonials.  Making someone else happy, made me happy.  You can check out his website here westirelandcycling.com.  I'd also recommend you go on a cycling vacation - it's the best way to destress, especially if the weather is amazing.  And right now, here in Galway, Ireland, there is hardly a cloud in the sky.  Long may it last.

I've organised a weekend away for a bunch of work colleagues for July.  That should be some craic.  Biking, Kayaking, Windsurfing, Archery... all that good stuff... nothing like the outdoors to get people in good spirits.

If there is one pice of advice I can give any of you is this:  Feeling sorry for yourself is counterproductive - your life is only shit if you allow it to be. happy.gif

I feel like I'm the happiest I've ever been. Almost 2 years ago, an incredibly abusive relationship I was in ended. Since then it seems like life has been a lot better. I'm happier about myself and my appearance. I feel like I'm actually pursuing my dreams rather than just dreaming about them. And my relationship with my family has been repaired after all the damage my abuser caused.

Life is good and I feel like it can only get better. :)

• Subscriber

Overall I'm pretty happy with my life. Sure there have been lots of ups and lots of downs, but overall, it's balanced and I have a sense of contentedness about it all.