Are you happy , where your at.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

PiChU
']I am happy, very happy indeed, got everything I need, even more, as a matter of fact I'm surprised I got this far, but I wouldn't change the bad experiences for anything, without them I wouldn't know what happiness is or appreciate it the way I do now.

now, that was my philosophic question' you know, the 3 things  to ask for williams? didnt post them, cause had to much difficulties to express them right. but this was my phylosopic one...

is it true, cause i read it somewhere, we need to go through bad experience, sadness to really be able to enjoy and apreciate the good things? in able to be happy you need to be unhappy sometimes too? 

why i ask is, i was connected with religion who studies bible and believe that one day, we will live a paradise-earth, no sadness, no pain or death, only happiness. and they said if adam & eve hadnt disobeyd god, it would have always been that way.

but if it always had been this way, and we all were born in such a wonderfull world, would we realise our luck? would we take it for granted, and never be able to really be happy, cause we didnt know how to be unhappy?

what do you guys think? i 've thought bout this for long and maybe its true... but on the other hand, some would still get lucky and have a good life without to much frustration, that would mean we need people round us to suffer, just so we can be happy? isn't that selfish?

I believe we would never know more about ourselves and each other if we hadn't problems to solve, situations to overcome. In the end we live in a world of duality, it might be painful, it might be beautiful, it might be so many things at the same time, but one thing is certain, if it wasn't like this, what a boring world it would be!

• Subscriber

[quote name=actarus]stop depressing girls ... world cup is just for one month

hahahaha!! good one actarus! maybe thats why i'm such a happy woman; my love never watches or cares for the football! so it makes sense ....

happy.gif

@ danger girl: i'm happy you're happy and feeling better nowadays.

@ voxie: so much wisdom in that movie, and its true in away, lots of people are cynical bout love & romance, marriage, family ... mostly cause it didnt turn out well for them, so they 're convinced its doomed to be like that. and they think everyone who claims to be happy is pretending.

@ mummy: think you're right, altho nobody can prevent bad things to happen to them, its the way you react at them that can bring you back up, or even more down... but sometimes i think that possitive / negative spirit is something inside you, you cnat controle, maybe itzs in the genes, or something?

This is funny!Yes im happy where im at,got my hat on in the sunshine listening to I will follow and having a glass of wine!

Only its not real wine its not what I call makes the grade,so I guess I could be a little more happier.

My answer would have to be yes, it could always be better I suppose but I've learned it can also be much worse. So overall yeah, I'm happy and I've been extremely blessed in my life. I wish I knew the Lord a little better but my blind faith in him has guided me well without all the confusion of others interpretations getting in the way. I just stumbled through life actually and yes I am happy. Still married after 25 years, two grown children that have their own lives and my little beach cottage & my critters, I've been truly blessed. Don't get me wrong, there were real nightmares along the way where I was convinced my world had fallen apart and would never be right again but somehow it all worked out. :) I've had a good life if it ended today and I am truly happy.

Well...it's funny this topic came up. It seems that I am never happy unless I am around my friends. Though I've been through a ton of hardship, I am very well set now in my career and am married. But my life doesn't seem to have the spark it did back then (the 90's). I know what you mean about the bitter and cynical. But I think that is a normal part of life. The bad thing is, I think I had too much fun, and now that life is mundane (day to day responsibilities of being an adult) the longing comes out. For me that is how it is. When I need cheering up I normally take a trip back to my home town and spend times talking to my best buds. Maybe you need to get in touch with you friends and go out and get a drink. Just to get away.

One thing is for sure though....life was a blast at 19. Only to go back and do it all over again.

• Subscriber

I'm happy - birthday weekend! Lovelty hubby is taking me to london in the morning and can't wait!!!

I'm happy, we both have jobs, we're all healthy. I try to emphasize the positive and over the past few years that's been really hard with different things going on, and some at great expense. I know people who are having a very tough time and they're scared. Lost jobs, losing homes, health issues with no insurance because of jobs lost. They were planning retirement and now can't. I am grateful we're doing fine because it can all change at any time.

And the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup :D