Favourite Movie Scene

voxxiegirl

So here I am killing time watching scenes from my favourite movies on youtube, in light of putting this topic up here... and I came across this scene...

unfortunately embedding is disabled, but to see it, click the following link

One of the user comments sums up this scene so perfectly...it encapsulates everything I have drawn from this scene much better than I could ever articulate... the way she looks at him and shakes her head at the end of the end of the scene is so sad, but fitting... the conflict she must be feeling for this man...and you can just see the look of sorry on his face...

"i love the look she give him at the end. it shows that even though they just bonded as humans when he saved her, once she was saved she allowed her resentment for him to come back and he who resented her for no good reason no longer felt it for her. it show's that people who hate for no good reason create hate in others, so that when they stop hating. everyone eles is too busy hating them. ironic. "

I had a debate with my sister about this movie scene, she thinks that the woman forgives him and the look she gives him at the end is just disbelief at what just happened...

But...she shakes her head...it is disbelief...but she still shakes her head in resentent toward him, like the youtube user soment said she allows her resentment for him to come back  and this is the way I feel about him... is there any sort of redemption for what he done to her to night before...

Does anyone else find this scene so intense and captivating and thought-provoking. What you people think?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
So here I am killing time watching scenes from my favourite movies on youtube, in light of putting this topic up here... and I came across this scene...

unfortunately embedding is disabled, but to see it, click the following link

http://www.youtube.com/wa...ryh4&feature=related

Does anyone else find this scene so intense and captivating and thought-provoking. What you people think?

i remember when i first saw this movie, some years ago.. i was captured by it, and had to watch it a second time right away! i think she realises good people can do bad things and vice versa... and after all; the difference between those two isnt always easy to see.

I can't find a video ab out mine and if I explain it I'll spoil the movie to those that haven't seen it.

I love at the end of Shutter Island, when Leonardo DiCaprio says:

"I don't know what's worst anymore, to live like a monster or die like a good man".