:-((

barbara1

• Subscriber

feeling a bit down since the weekend, but i'm the type that always wants to be the strong and funny one...sigh... but you're words and encouragements were just what i needed xxx

its the stressy end of schoolyear, the working on the house (giving me such a sore back)  and -don laugh, please- the caterpillars have died...

more than once this thought crossed my mind: by the time the works on this house are done, i could be on sickleave cause of my back... and maybe not able to work as a nurse anymore. and then my comon sense is telling me not to worry before getting there. but my back has always been my weak spot, and when i was working last friday, it really felt worse than ever...

and kids are driving me crazy too, sometimes i feel such a bad mom, but i get al stressy with those exams! always moaning at them, cause i think they should try harder...

and then my daughter told me, just cause i was the 'perfect daughter, who loved to study' doesnt mean she can be like that too... so now i fear i 'm giving them the feeling they're not perfect enough, and thats not my intention! cause nobody has to be perfect... i just don wan them to have this atitude that school isnt that important, and its okay to fail... cause i know they're bright and its a shame if they throw their chances away...

....and all these kids that don have the ability or capacity to graduate....

Don't worry Barbara, I'm sure your kids love you and are proud of their mothersmile.gif 
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

feeling a bit down since the weekend, but i'm the type that always wants to be the strong and funny one...sigh... but you're words and encouragements were just what i needed xxx

its the stressy end of schoolyear, the working on the house (giving me such a sore back)  and -don laugh, please- the caterpillars have died...

more than once this thought crossed my mind: by the time the works on this house are done, i could be on sickleave cause of my back... and maybe not able to work as a nurse anymore. and then my comon sense is telling me not to worry before getting there. but my back has always been my weak spot, and when i was working last friday, it really felt worse than ever...

and kids are driving me crazy too, sometimes i feel such a bad mom, but i get al stressy with those exams! always moaning at them, cause i think they should try harder...

and then my daughter told me, just cause i was the 'perfect daughter, who loved to study' doesnt mean she can be like that too... so now i fear i 'm giving them the feeling they're not perfect enough, and thats not my intention! cause nobody has to be perfect... i just don wan them to have this atitude that school isnt that important, and its okay to fail... cause i know they're bright and its a shame if they throw their chances away...

....and all these kids that don have the ability or capacity to graduate....

STRESSSS ARGHHHHHHH tell me about it CAN SOMEONE DO MY WORK PLZ lol last week of college and last it all to last minuite! I think your kids love you regardless and you should tell them that as long as they work to their ability at school whatever happens that you love them and you know it's your right as a mother to get stressy with them but you know maybe explain to them why! Parents as well as Children can only do so much lol

Sorry if  it seems like i'm telling you what to do but i think sometimes we can all be as bad as each other!

Also take care of your back take a brake don't over do it we don't want you in the hospital as well!

*MEGA HUGS*

BTW I was getting off the bus the other day in town went to put sometihng in the bin and the whole thing had a load of caterpillars on the bin which freaked me out a little! sick.gif

• Subscriber

(((((((HUGS))))))))

I know all about kids and exam stress!!! Won't go into it again, but I feel for you as I know first hand how stressful it can be!!!

You know I need you to be strong

Baby baby baby light my way....alright now. Baby baby baby light my way...

(oh and remember- "Everywhere you go, u shout it...u dont have to be shy about it!" Original of the Species is such an uplifting song for me...and so is Walk On!happy.gif)

• Subscriber

thanx for the advise claire, and i'm so glad to hear there are still lots of caterpillars alive and kicking... seems the world isnt out of butterflies just yet happy.gif

mary, claire and zooropa, thank you guys too.

hope i didnt scare you guys... cause i do realise there are peeps out there who have lot more to worry bout than me, really... i DO know that. but sometimes all the little things have added up to too much and everything seems wrong (like a good friend of mine articulated it so well)

• Subscriber

Barbara just because you see others who have a lot more to worry about - in your words. That doesn't mean that your worries and concerns are futile - they are real and genuine worries no matter how big or small you think they are.

BUt as Claire says too - look after your back - it is the only one you have!

{{{{hugs}}}

and you know that we are all hear to listen to each other when ever you need it xxx

• Subscriber

Hey Barbara. I went to a Pink concert at the weekend and like a berk, I wore shorts and a T-shirt. After the show we couldn't get a Taxi for over 3 hrs and I had already been standing in the cold for 4 hours before that as the weather took a sudden turn for the worse.

Point being when I get cold in my back I can virtually move because of the pain. Once I've been back home for a day I feel a lot better, but it will be a few days before I come full circle.

Just make sure you rest well between working on your house and when you know your not up to it, leave it until you do. I've been in my current home 5 years this October and were still doing it! In the end you'll get there without doing yourself in.

• Subscriber
Hey Barbara. I went to a Pink concert at the weekend and like a berk, I wore shorts and a T-shirt. After the show we couldn't get a Taxi for over 3 hrs and I had already been standing in the cold for 4 hours before that as the weather took a sudden turn for the worse.

Point being when I get cold in my back I can virtually move because of the pain. Once I've been back home for a day I feel a lot better, but it will be a few days before I come full circle.

Just make sure you rest well between working on your house and when you know your not up to it, leave it until you do. I've been in my current home 5 years this October and were still doing it! In the end you'll get there without doing yourself in.

Was that the one at the Reebok? I quite fancied that date. and can get back to my home town to! How was the show?

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

agt']

Was that the one at the Reebok? I quite fancied that date. and can get back to my home town to! How was the show?

Yeah it was at the Reebok, decent Stadium but really badly situated. The only 2 bars across the way couldn't cope and it was a 2 1/2 hour wait for food in them. Getting a Taxi was a nightmare, people at our hotel the next day were saying they did not get Taxi's until after 3 in the morning and like myself were freezing there arses off on the streets.

The steward who help us get back to our hotel told us they have never had to deal with 33000 people before and it was causing everyone a big headache. She said they had been sent from the Stadium with mobiles to help people get home.

Pink put on an amazing show and her vocals were awesome. I really wish my daughters had been old enough to go they would have loved it.

I did learn one lesson the hard way! When going to a concert do my bloody home work and I won't end up being totally wiped out.

A+ for Pink E- for myself.

Archived