Which Live Version Do You Like?

bflorendo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Next Up:

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR.

a. Live in Paris

b. Popmart in Mexico

c. U2 360

I didn't include the one in Rattle & Hum DVD coz it was mostly filmed in a church, not a concert. However, if they included the live version from the Rattle & Hum CD to the DVD, it would be my favorite version...with the Harlem choir, featuring Teddy Pendergrass. It's also surprising that this song was song on most of their tours, yet left out on the other DVD's (Elevation Tour & Vertigo Tour). So between these three, I prefer the U2 360 version, where the crowd sings solo. You just see a sea of people, and Stand by Me is a great follow up to it. Live in Paris comes in 2nd with a snippet of Exodus.

You forgot Milan! Milan beats 'em all!

• Subscriber

'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' i found really dull and boring when I first heard the Joshua Tree, but I'm glad to say since then it has become one of my favorite 'live' U2 songs. I like all the versions, especially the instrumental on 'Outside It's America' documentary - but from the concert DVDs - I'd go with POPMART.

• Subscriber
Next up:

PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE).

a. Rattle & Hum DVD

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Go Home

e. Vertigo in Chicago

f. Live from Paris

My favorite is the Rattle & Hum version. When Bono turns around and the lights (moles) light up the arena. Then when he raises the mic up for everyone to sing. You know that Scott Stapp watched this! Even though it's been played so many times, it would have been fitting for U2 360 DVD, considering that it was a huge crowd.

The Zoo TV version is my favorite

• Subscriber
Next Up:

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR.

a. Live in Paris

b. Popmart in Mexico

c. U2 360

I didn't include the one in Rattle & Hum DVD coz it was mostly filmed in a church, not a concert. However, if they included the live version from the Rattle & Hum CD to the DVD, it would be my favorite version...with the Harlem choir, featuring Teddy Pendergrass. It's also surprising that this song was song on most of their tours, yet left out on the other DVD's (Elevation Tour & Vertigo Tour). So between these three, I prefer the U2 360 version, where the crowd sings solo. You just see a sea of people, and Stand by Me is a great follow up to it. Live in Paris comes in 2nd with a snippet of Exodus.

Live in Milan

btw...Next up:

I WILL FOLLOW.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

b. Live from Paris (Joshua Tree Tour)

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Live from Boston (Elevation Tour)

e. Live in Milan

I like the Elevation Tour version the best. Maybe it's coz of the "Your eyes" part. I didn't like the Popmart version...a follow up to Mofo. Btw, did you notice how many times Bono says, "Ok, goodnight....God bless you!" in Under a Blood Red Sky?

• Subscriber

btw...Next up:

I WILL FOLLOW.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Live in Milan

I like the Elevation Tour version the best. Maybe it's coz of the "Your eyes" part. I didn't like the Popmart version...a follow up to Mofo. Btw, did you notice how many times Bono says, "Ok, goodnight....God bless you!" in Under a Blood Red Sky?

Boston. It has that wonderful 'ring those bells' interlude! But Milan comes close! That moment in the bridge, where Bono gets a singalong going, he just seems so in control of the entire stadium!

• Subscriber

btw...Next up:

I WILL FOLLOW.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

c. Popmart in Mexico

e. Live in Milan

under a blood red sky version. when bono's eyes light up when he hears edge play the opening notes! and it was my first memory of watching blood red sky video back in 1991. brilliant!