Which Live Version Do You Like?

bflorendo

• Subscriber

Next up:

ANGEL OF HARLEM.

a. ZooTV

b. Go Home

This is one of those songs that seems to make it to every tours' setlist (since Lovetown Tour), yet only appears in 2 live DVDs. I like the ZooTV version better, simply because it's in the round (B-stage). This is a party song, and what better way to perform it surrounded by a stadium filled with Aussie U2 fans! This also gives a good indication that U2 needs to release a DVD for the Lovetown Tour.....God II, Hawkmoon 269, All Along The Watchtower, Love Rescue Me, Van Dieman's Land, One Tree Hill....live versions that haven't been released on DVD yet!

zootv for me. angel of harlem sounds better than slane, sydney style as bono says!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And speaking of Aussie fans - they need to release the pro-shot version of Lovetown Sydney that we all know is out there!!!

Nothing wrong with a second live in Sydney DVD if you ask me!

Till this day, I still hold it against my parents for not letting me go with my cousin to see U2 @ The Sydney Entertainment Centre. That's when U2 opened up with Hawkmoon 269...I believe I was 13 at the time. Yeah, hopefully they do release a full version of this concert.

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

mick james']And speaking of Aussie fans - they need to release the pro-shot version of Lovetown Sydney that we all know is out there!!!

Till this day, I still hold it against my parents for not letting me go with my cousin to see U2 @ The Sydney Entertainment Centre. That's when U2 opened up with Hawkmoon 269...I believe I was 13 at the time. Yeah, hopefully they do release a full version of this concert.

My dad took my 2 older brothers and I, and it was the greatest thing a 10yr old boy had ever seen.

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

mick james']And speaking of Aussie fans - they need to release the pro-shot version of Lovetown Sydney that we all know is out there!!!

My dad took my 2 older brothers and I, and it was the greatest thing a 10yr old boy had ever seen.

• Subscriber
btw...Next up:

I WILL FOLLOW.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

b. Live from Paris (Joshua Tree Tour)

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Live from Boston (Elevation Tour)

e. Live in Milan

I like the Elevation Tour version the best. Maybe it's coz of the "Your eyes" part. I didn't like the Popmart version...a follow up to Mofo. Btw, did you notice how many times Bono says, "Ok, goodnight....God bless you!" in Under a Blood Red Sky?

Boston too.