Which Live Version Do You Like?

bflorendo

I think I'm going to have to go with Under a Blood Red Sky, because way, way, way back when I was first introduced to U2 by my mother this was the first version of the song I heard, and I was just blown away by the sound of Larry's drums in the beginning. This version really made me think, "Wow, what a fantastic song!"

I really love Rattle and Hum, too, with the speech about the revolution. That one was pretty amazing too.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next up:

VERTIGO.

a. Vertigo in Chicago

b. Live from Milan

c. U2 360

Hands down the Vertigo in Chicago version. Simply because Bono added the Stories for Boys snippet in there....paying homeage to their 1st album. Now if only they could get The Edge's guitar sound, at the start of the U2 360 version, and add the ending, it would be perfect!

• Subscriber
Next up:

VERTIGO.

a. Vertigo in Chicago

b. Live from Milan

c. U2 360

Hands down the Vertigo in Chicago version. Simply because Bono added the Stories for Boys snippet in there....paying homeage to their 1st album. Now if only they could get The Edge's guitar sound, at the start of the U2 360 version, and add the ending, it would be perfect!

This Milan version, not the opener:

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

Redhead11']

U2 360. The lights and effects were awesomee

That sirene at the start of the song... I like it a lot!

That siren sign is The Edge's guitar! It's got the Digitech Whammy pedal that does a pitch bend up. Dallas is manually doing it.

Next up:

NEW YEAR'S DAY.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Go Home

e. Vertigo in Chicago

My favorite one is still the Under a Blood Red Sky version. The first time I saw a musician play 2 instruments in the same song live....and it happens to be The Edge. Apart from that, this is one of the songs that needed to take a break, to give others a chance to breathe live (no pun intended).

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Redhead11']

U2 360. The lights and effects were awesomee

That sirene at the start of the song... I like it a lot!

That siren sign is The Edge's guitar! It's got the Digitech Whammy pedal that does a pitch bend up. Dallas is manually doing it.

I didn't know that, all this time I thought it was just a pre-recorded track. Although, while watching Vertigo from Rose Bowl I caught myself thinking that it might actually be The Edge...

• Subscriber
Next up:

NEW YEAR'S DAY.

a. Under a Blood Red Sky

b. ZooTV

c. Popmart in Mexico

d. Go Home

e. Vertigo in Chicago

My favorite one is still the Under a Blood Red Sky version. The first time I saw a musician play 2 instruments in the same song live....and it happens to be The Edge. Apart from that, this is one of the songs that needed to take a break, to give others a chance to breathe live (no pun intended).

I'll go with Slane version...